PDA

View Full Version : Interstate 40 stops

jsbac
04-08-2011, 10:25
Next week I'm flying to California (Ontario), picking up a van, and driving it back to Arkansas (for work). It'll be the first time I've driven from California. I'm planning on taking I40 all the way back. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on places to see, liquor stores to visit, etc. Maybe even a bar or two on the way with great bourbon selections (obviously any bar visits will be "after hours"). I've got about four days to make the trip, so I will have a little time (and no wife or kids to attend to) to do some sight-seeing & bourbon hunting.

Any advice from you guys will be great.

Thanks!
jsbac

OscarV
04-08-2011, 10:28
No advice from me but that sounds like an interesting drive.
Stay alert.

jsbac
04-08-2011, 10:35
Thanks Oscar... I'm pretty excited and looking forward to the solitude. No real schedule and on the company's dime through Friday. I seldom drink them, but I may need to invest in some energy drinks.

soad
04-08-2011, 12:55
(and no wife or kids to attend to)

Never been to that part of the country but your situation sounds WONDERFUL. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

jsbac
04-08-2011, 14:22
Lets just say I didn't hesitate when I was asked about going last week...:lol: I love my wife & kids, but I think my actual answer was "Can I leave today?"

Never been to that part of the country but your situation sounds WONDERFUL. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Enoch
04-08-2011, 16:48
Don't know much about bourbon there but I would stop at a corner in Winslow Arizona (Eagles) and stay at the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook Arizona. A real piece of Americana.

jsbac
04-10-2011, 20:33
Definitely planning on standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona.

Don't know much about bourbon there but I would stop at a corner in Winslow Arizona (Eagles) and stay at the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook Arizona. A real piece of Americana.