PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting motivated to drink bourbon…

ViperGlock
04-16-2011, 19:10
I’ve spent over $400 this week on bourbon (PVW23 and two bottles KCSB) because I wanted to get back into an interesting and enjoyable “hobby”. For some reason I just have no desire to crack one open. I just realized that I haven’t even had an alcoholic beverage since maybe October 2010. I have no know medical problems and I’m not trying to cut back either. This is the longest in 20 years I have gone with out at least a beer.

Maybe I should go to my doctor and ask if he can run some tests to find out why I’ve lost motivation to drink…:banghead:

hectic1
04-16-2011, 19:17
So it begs the question...why would you spend $400 on two bottles that A...you probably never had and don't know if it's "worth" it and B. you don't have a passion for bourbon?

I'm not trying to be rude just trying to understany why someone spends $400 on stuff they don't even know if they like? :confused:

ViperGlock
04-16-2011, 19:38
Who says I don’t have a passion for bourbon? Some people drink every day, others once a year. I’m not sure there is a certain interval one must drink to be “passionate”. I’m just saying it’s not like me to go this long without. But I still get enjoyment just collecting new bottles nonetheless.

gburger
04-16-2011, 21:08
If you don't have any medical issues, crack open one and have a small sip and enjoy.
Life is way to short, enjoy it.

ViperGlock
04-16-2011, 21:16
:grin: So I just finished a pour of KCSB! I really like it, but I just can't discern all the different flavors like you "pros" do. Anyway...it's GOOD!!

Dry spell over! :cool:

Robmo
04-17-2011, 01:47
Who says I don’t have a passion for bourbon? Some people drink every day, others once a year. I’m not sure there is a certain interval one must drink to be “passionate”. I’m just saying it’s not like me to go this long without. But I still get enjoyment just collecting new bottles nonetheless.

Very good points and well put.

MarkEdwards
04-17-2011, 04:36
I’ve spent over $400 this week on bourbon (PVW23 and two bottles KCSB) because I wanted to get back into an interesting and enjoyable “hobby”. For some reason I just have no desire to crack one open. I just realized that I haven’t even had an alcoholic beverage since maybe October 2010. I have no know medical problems and I’m not trying to cut back either. This is the longest in 20 years I have gone with out at least a beer.

Maybe I should go to my doctor and ask if he can run some tests to find out why I’ve lost motivation to drink…:banghead:

Don't feel bad. I went over ten years without so much as buying beer - just no real desire. Then one day I picked up a bottle of Chimay ale and, as long as I was at the liquor store, a couple bottles of good bourbon. Next thing I knew, I was hanging out on SB, and building my liquor cabinet up again...

RyanL
04-17-2011, 08:15
:grin: So I just finished a pour of KCSB! I really like it, but I just can't discern all the different flavors like you "pros" do. Anyway...it's GOOD!!

Dry spell over! :cool:

I can typically only pick out 3-4 flavors while I see some peoples tasting notes that has 8-10 listed. Despite all that I know what tastes good to me even if I cant identify every single flavor and I have my favorites and others that I flat out don't like. Buy what you like and enjoy it, you're the one that has to drink it.

ebo
04-17-2011, 09:04
I can typically only pick out 3-4 flavors while I see some peoples tasting notes that has 8-10 listed. Despite all that I know what tastes good to me even if I cant identify every single flavor and I have my favorites and others that I flat out don't like. Buy what you like and enjoy it, you're the one that has to drink it.
I think most of us fall into that category.

When I read tasting notes that describe old leather chairs and wet pavement after a Spring shower, I have to wonder what the hell these people put in their mouths :lol: .

Other than the normal vanilla, caramel, fruity, spicey, dry descriptions... I'm at a loss to discern much more... and I don't really feel the need to. I'm fine with just enjoying whatever spirit (whisk(e)y) I'm drinking at the moment. If you like it, you like it. That's all that really matters.