PDA

View Full Version : New Wild Turkey Commercial

tehbeardman
04-18-2011, 17:55
From Wild Turkey Fan Page: A Wild Turkey Facebook fan exclusive: Today and tomorrow ONLY take a sneak peek at our new commercial. Uncensored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU3mlPRAafk

The facebook post link:
https://www.facebook.com/wildturkey/posts/211249402237216

Interesting commercial. Do I spot a new label for the 101? Seems to match the branding on the WTRR bottles. Hoping we see some good stuff from WT this year.

CorvallisCracker
04-18-2011, 18:02
Wow...all these years...all those people were ordering me a WT...I had no idea...

callmeox
04-18-2011, 18:08
Yes, it looks like a rework of the label. Perhaps this explains the large group of recent COLA entries as well.

tehbeardman
04-18-2011, 18:19
Wow...all these years...all those people were ordering me a WT...I had no idea...

That's what I was thinking. I guess the reason it's never worked for me is because I give them the bird right back, canceling it out :lol:

trumpstylz
04-18-2011, 22:53

Haha.

I actually kinda like the new packaging, but I'll miss the old style- its just been like that for so long.

bourbonNOOG
04-19-2011, 06:03
Like anything the labeling was in need of an update. I welcome the new look and like others will miss the old look.

chefnash51
04-19-2011, 08:47
I think they did a good job with the new label. It still has that WT feel, but not too updated that we don't recognize it.

I was fine with the old label, but the new one is nice as well.

harshest
04-19-2011, 10:00
"Give Them The Bird".......where have I heard that before.....

silverfish
04-19-2011, 10:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU3mlPRAafk

The facebook post link:
https://www.facebook.com/wildturkey/posts/211249402237216

Looks like I waited too long - neither link works for me.
Anyone have an alternate place to view it?

jcg9779
04-19-2011, 10:13
Looks like I waited too long - neither link works for me.
Anyone have an alternate place to view it?

Me too...it said that the video was private...

CorvallisCracker
04-19-2011, 12:12
"Give Them The Bird".......where have I heard that before.....

Uh oh...we may have a lawsuit in the offing...

all these bird whiskeys.

Wild Turkey
Old Crow
Fighting Cock
Eagle Rare
The Famous Grouse

I've probably missed a couple.

I'd always hoped to bring out a whiskey called Old Woodchuck. Thinking it might be more successful as Old Woodcock.
How's this for a slogan: Give 'em a woody! :slappin:

silverfish
04-19-2011, 12:26

Cock of the Walk
White Eagle

tehbeardman
04-19-2011, 15:40
Sorry for those that didn't watch it before they took it down. They stated it would be for a limited time.

A recap: guy #1 and guy #2 hanging out at a bar, see hotchick #1 looking at guy #1. guy #2 says 'hey I think she's into you'. A couple of flirtatious back and forth between guy #1 and hotchick #1, then hotchick #1 flips guy #1 off with a smile. guy #2 'oh man I guess I was wrong'. guy #1 'no you were wrong, she just ordered me a Wild Turkey'. bartender pours WT on the rocks, showing off new label. Shows guy #1 and hotchick #1 in background sitting close and drinking while new WT labeled bottle in foreground. "Give 'em the Bird"

...and scene.

trumpstylz
04-20-2011, 01:56
Uh oh...we may have a lawsuit in the offing...

all these bird whiskeys.

Wild Turkey
Old Crow
Fighting Cock
Eagle Rare
The Famous Grouse

I'd always hoped to bring out a whiskey called Old Woodchuck. Thinking it might be more successful as Old Woodcock.
How's this for a slogan: Give 'em a woody! :slappin:

Although its not a whiskey- grey goose

p_elliott
04-20-2011, 06:55
The one on my face book page doesn't work any more either

cowdery
06-21-2011, 16:36
Here's the link (http://www.facebook.com/wildturkey) to the new commercial.

I get the edgy appeal, but after this sparks a few bar brawls they may reconsider.

And what's with the woman's hair style? Farrah, is that you?

Josh
10-07-2011, 11:12
There's a new tongue-in-cheek version of the Give 'Em the Bird commercial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WRZPquZJEv0

camduncan
10-07-2011, 17:25
Some of the Australian versions:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WildTurkeyAU#p/a/u/0/JAB7LvgjrF8

bourbonv
10-10-2011, 08:27
Yes there is a lawsuit - Wild Turkey's lawyers came to the Filson to talk with me because they wanted to know more about Old Crow and "the bird". They did not realise that Old Crow dates back to the 1830s.

Mike Veach

Parkersback
10-10-2011, 08:49
I'm seeing ads on the tops of cabs here in NYC, it's pictures of the two bottles (81 & 101) and the phrase, "Give 'em the Bird." I'm not going to boycott WT or anything, I just think it's sort of lame. It feels like they are taking a venerable brand and dumbing it down, and doing it badly.

T Comp
10-10-2011, 09:55
Yes there is a lawsuit - Wild Turkey's lawyers came to the Filson to talk with me because they wanted to know more about Old Crow and "the bird". They did not realise that Old Crow dates back to the 1830s.

Mike Veach

Nice information Mike. Checked it out further and Wild Turkey sued Jim Beam over trademark infringement over this whole stupid saying. Suit is pending in federal district court.

I won't link to it but even more disappointing to me than the original commercial are photos Tom Fischer posted on his blog back in August of Jimmy and Eddie Russell giving the finger. Yeah I know it's a business and they need to find a way to grab attention but still ...

p_elliott
10-10-2011, 11:08
Nice information Mike. Checked it out further and Wild Turkey sued Jim Beam over trademark infringement over this whole stupid saying. Suit is pending in federal district court.

I won't link to it but even more disappointing to me than the original commercial are photos Tom Fischer posted on his blog back in August of Jimmy and Eddie Russell giving the finger. Yeah I know it's a business and they need to find a way to grab attention but still ...

Eddie and Jimmy still work for the man and they have to do what they are told. This advertising campain came from Campari.

SMOWK
10-10-2011, 11:51
Eddie and Jimmy still work for the man and they have to do what they are told. This advertising campain came from Campari.

Good point...pad pad pad

cowdery
10-10-2011, 12:29
People can dismiss it as good clean fun if they want to, bur 'the bird' is still considered offensive enough that it has to be digitally fuzzed on commercial television. Presumably, Wild Turkey is trying to tap into the transgressive, Hunter S. Thompson side of its heritage. My personal opinion is that it is ill-considered, but we'll have to wait and see.

bourbonv
10-10-2011, 13:21
I agree with Chuck. I hope the Beam lawsuit ends the campaign.

Mike Veach

callmeox
10-10-2011, 13:42
I'm seeing ads on the tops of cabs here in NYC, it's pictures of the two bottles (81 & 101) and the phrase, "Give 'em the Bird." I'm not going to boycott WT or anything, I just think it's sort of lame. It feels like they are taking a venerable brand and dumbing it down, and doing it badly.

SWAG aimed at the lowest common denominator is not new to Wild Turkey. Many clothing items in their gift shop contain colorful language, and this pre-dates the Campari ownership.