PDA

View Full Version : my journey brings me to bourbon

keebs
04-20-2011, 22:21
Hello,
I have just joined and thought I introduce myself. From Michigan, lived here my whole life. I am a Gin drinker, which is very different from whiskey/bourbon. I also drink beers, keep mostly to IPAs(India Pale Ale) and stouts. Recently I was listing to a podcast (the BS report with Bill Simmons) and one of the guest was discussing what he drinks, and made a very compelling argument to drink bourbon. With very limited experience with whiskey/bourbon (mostly Jamison with vernors(vernors is a ginger ale, mostly found in Michigan)). I have decided I like to learn as much about bourbon as I can. I found this website when trying to research bourbon. I do actually research alcohol, I hate not having a good understanding of what I am drinking and then blindly stumbling through what to drink. I really try to have a high level of knowledge on anything I drink. That is about it; just wanted to say hello and wanting to learn and someday hopefully I will be able to give helpful contributions.

So I will have to figure out where to start with bourbon and I am sure there has to be threads with good suggestions.

Pieface
04-20-2011, 23:42
Welcome new Matt! Glad to see you jump in boots and all to the gazebo :)

You have found a great resource here and I'm sure you will learn a lot about bourbon. Drink well and often!

Parkersback
04-20-2011, 23:46
Greetings, Keebs. Welcome aboard.

The "search" function is your friend, and have a great time!

Special Reserve
04-21-2011, 03:38
Matt,

Welcome to SB. You hit the mother load for bourbon knowledge.

MI has a good representation on this board. Where in MI do you live?

Will

OscarV
04-21-2011, 14:38
Matt,

Will

Ditto, welcome aboard Matt.

ViperGlock
04-21-2011, 20:06
Welcome! I'm new here too. :cool:

p_elliott
04-21-2011, 21:37
Welcome aboard Matt I hope you enjoy yourself here. It doesn't always get that crazy in the gazebo as it did last night. Stop in again we really do talk about bourbon :grin: .

keebs
04-22-2011, 01:07
Matt,

Will
I live 15 minutes outside of Flint.

Welcome aboard Matt I hope you enjoy yourself here. It doesn't always get that crazy in the gazebo as it did last night. Stop in again we really do talk about bourbon :grin: .
it is all good, I was laughing at most of the stuff said last night, so I did not mind at all the crazy talk

keebs
04-23-2011, 01:07
tonight I purchased my first bottle of bourbon, Eagle Rare 10 year. I have learned some important lessons. still learning and working on it.
1. tap water is a big no no.
A. especially if you have hard water.
2. small sips make it much easier to drink

thanks to paul gary and jack, all very helpful and fun to talk to.