PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Carmel, IN

aaronbarker
04-25-2011, 20:18
Hi all,
Just a quick 'hello' from a dedicated single malt enthusiast and part time bourbon dabbler. Got a few friends on this board so I decided to join in the fun and learn more about whiskies outside of Scotland. I've tasted several but have only ever bought just a few for my own enjoyment. I may not post much, but I'll certainly be lurking and learning.

Cheers all,
aaron

birdman1099
04-25-2011, 20:38
The Indy group is growing.... Look out Michigan Hounds.... there's new dogs on the block !!!

Welcome Aaron...... I'm assuming you know Tom and Josh?:rolleyes: We'll need to work on the Malt problem you have...:grin:

Have fun and ask as many questions as you want.....

Parkersback
04-25-2011, 20:44
Greetings and welcome, Aaron!

aaronbarker
04-25-2011, 20:51
The Indy group is growing.... Look out Michigan Hounds.... there's new dogs on the block !!!

Welcome Aaron...... I'm assuming you know Tom and Josh?:rolleyes: We'll need to work on the Malt problem you have...:grin:

Have fun and ask as many questions as you want.....

Tom and Josh? Yep, all part of the same club at Vine and Table. And as far as a 'Malt problem', well, it ain't a problem for me! heh heh.

Glad to be here, and thanks!
aaron

mosugoji64
04-25-2011, 20:58
Welcome, from one new Indy-area member to another!

Brian

aaronbarker
04-25-2011, 21:11
Welcome, from one new Indy-area member to another!

Brian

Excellent, thanks Brian. What side of town are you on?

aaron

TomH
04-25-2011, 21:32
Glad to see you decided to join in. Looks like we have a lot of new folks for our next SB Indy get together.

Tom

mosugoji64
04-25-2011, 21:46
Northeast, Lawrence area.

Brian

Bourbon Boiler
04-26-2011, 18:31
Greetings from a former Pendleton (outside the walls) resident.

Josh
04-27-2011, 07:32
Hi all,
Just a quick 'hello' from a dedicated single malt enthusiast and part time bourbon dabbler. Got a few friends on this board so I decided to join in the fun and learn more about whiskies outside of Scotland. I've tasted several but have only ever bought just a few for my own enjoyment. I may not post much, but I'll certainly be lurking and learning.

Cheers all,
aaron

Welcome Aaron!

The ranks of the Indy contingient are growing uncomfortably quickly!

Anyway, I myself spent the first 21 years of my life in Indianapolis, the Broad Ripple neighborhood specifically. I worked in Carmel for a few years and I know a lot of Carmelites. People who live in Carmel, I mean, not Carmelite nuns.

At any rate I'm back in The Old Country several times a year and I've been known to crash Indy bourbon gatherings around the holidays, so hopefully we'll get a chance to share a glass or two in the near future.

Bourbon&Biology
05-02-2011, 17:17
Newbie from West Lafayette Here! Great to see so many Indiana residents that enjoy bourbon as much as I do.

aaronbarker
05-02-2011, 19:51
Newbie from West Lafayette Here! Great to see so many Indiana residents that enjoy bourbon as much as I do.

...and a big Hoosier welcome to you, as well. Been up to the Lafayette area a few times around Harvest Moon, Wolf Park and Battleground. Never had the chance to do any whisky-hunting, tho. Any recommendations for the best bourbon or single malt selections?

cheers,
aaron

mosugoji64
05-02-2011, 20:26
What else is there to do here? :lol: But seriously, welcome!

Brian

Bourbon&Biology
05-08-2011, 18:16
...and a big Hoosier welcome to you, as well. Been up to the Lafayette area a few times around Harvest Moon, Wolf Park and Battleground. Never had the chance to do any whisky-hunting, tho. Any recommendations for the best bourbon or single malt selections?

cheers,
aaron
Thanks for the welcome! In West Lafayette the Village Bottle Shop on Sagamore parkway is the best for bourbon selection and their staff is very knowledgeable too. I was actually able to find KBD's Black Maple Hill small batch there, pretty rare here.

WsmataU
05-09-2011, 17:55
A fellow Boilermaker? I just scoured at least 20 shops in southern IN in hopes of finding some dusties without finding what I wanted. Evidently, hoosiers like WT but not Weller ;)

Whiskey Willie
05-11-2011, 16:54
In West Lafayette the Village Bottle Shop on Sagamore parkway is the best for bourbon selection and their staff is very knowledgeable too. I was actually able to find KBD's Black Maple Hill small batch there, pretty rare here.

Welcome to the Board! The Bottle Shop is the place for bourbon in WL. I'm in Indy...At the corner of walk and don't walk.