PDA

View Full Version : 'ello From Athens, GA

robstah
04-27-2011, 15:13
Hey guys. Just wanted to say hi and thank you for all the wealth of information on here. I am definitely more of a vodka connoisseur, but my best friend has a small collection of whiskeys, mostly Knob Creek and the average Jim Beam. Well, he is getting married soon and I thought maybe a nice handle with two glencairn glasses would work well for a gift. After reading up and looking for almost two days, I finally found an online location that would ship me a bottle of Four Roses Mariage 2009. So, do you think this combo will make a decent gift for my soon to be married friend? I too, will be looking into getting more "knowledgeable" on whiskey/bourbons. I do enjoy some crown and coke every once in a while.

tsangster
04-28-2011, 05:34
Did you check 5-Points West for the Four Roses. I saw at least one bottle there less than a month ago.

Parkersback
04-28-2011, 06:27
Greetings, Robstah! Welcome and enjoy this great forum.

(Athens by way of merry ol' England, chap?) :lol:

mrviognier
04-30-2011, 08:52
Welcome! As a transplanted Dawg & Bourbon fan, it's great to see someone from the Classic City show up.

robstah
05-09-2011, 18:49
Did you check 5-Points West for the Four Roses. I saw at least one bottle there less than a month ago.

Hmmm, didn't know any place in Athens carried 4R. I'm on the east side and tend to go to the stores over on this end, but if that is the case, I'll venture out towards the west side next time. Thanks for the tip.

Greetings, Robstah! Welcome and enjoy this great forum.

(Athens by way of merry ol' England, chap?) :lol:

Thank you sir and nope, no England in sight. Thought the title needed to be a bit different from the rest is all. :cool:

Welcome! As a transplanted Dawg & Bourbon fan, it's great to see someone from the Classic City show up.

Thanks and Go Dawgs! :grin: