PDA

View Full Version : Dry Bourbons

Meremoth
05-15-2011, 01:50
I've always liked dry red wines and I particularly enjoy dry bourbons.

I consider Corner Creek to be a dry bourbon.

Can anyone recommend me some others?

Thanks. :grin:

mosugoji64
05-15-2011, 09:02
FRSB is a high-rye bourbon that is very dry and spicy to my palate. If you're looking for a wheater, try ORVW. It was drier and not as sweet as some others I've had.

callmeox
05-15-2011, 09:14
Four Roses Mariage 2009 is probably the driest bourbon I recall tasting. Not widely available and probably not a daily drinker at the price but it fits the bill otherwise. :grin:

OscarV
05-15-2011, 09:17
If you're looking for a wheater, try ORVW. It was drier and not as sweet as some others I've had.

I would say Pappy 15yo is drier than ORVW.
The Old Rip can be toffee/caramel like, however I got one recently that wasn't good at all, maybe that release is what you were referring to.

mosugoji64
05-15-2011, 13:26
I would say Pappy 15yo is drier than ORVW.
The Old Rip can be toffee/caramel like, however I got one recently that wasn't good at all, maybe that release is what you were referring to.

Could be. It was the only bottle I've tried and was much drier than I expected from a wheater.

flintlock
05-15-2011, 14:09
I think Elijah Craig 18 y.o. has a crisp, dry taste with plenty of wood. Also PVW 12 year "Lot B" has (to me) a dry flavor in many ways. I'm defining dry as both "ascerbic" and "not sweet", just to be clear...I'm going for tastes on the opposite end of the spectrum from Ancient Age and Old Charter which to me are two of the sweeter, softer whiskies available.

Brisko
05-16-2011, 07:01
May not be available in your area (where are you?) but I have a bottle of Very Rare Old Heaven Hill 8 year old, 86 proof, that is painfully dry on the finish. It has the typical younger (under 10) grassy HH profile and that coupled with the finish is like a hay loft in August.