PDA

View Full Version : An "I deserve this" Bourbon?

mrviognier
05-29-2011, 16:46
Just spent the day doing house chores. Cleaned the pool, trimmed the hedges, pulled weeds, put together our new Viking grill, hung new drapes and reupholstered a hallway table. That more than justifies the heavy pour of VOF '62 in my tumbler.

What did you do today...and what did you pour as your reward?

sutton
05-29-2011, 16:52
I was on a ladder most of the day, trimming the lower branches off trees - fortunately, I did this prior to havingf a very generous pour of Elijah Craig 18 y.o...

(Of course, if I had it before my tree climbing, I might have been willing to go higher...:grin: )

fishnbowljoe
05-29-2011, 17:06
LOL Mat. :lol: What a coincidence. It was rainy here this morning, so I decided to do some inside spring cleaning and a few chores too. Did dishes, to start the day, then began an on going process of laundry and giving my computer/bourbon room a thorough cleaning. I'm also taking the time to rearrange it a little, and update my inventory spreadsheet. :rolleyes: I've been treating myself to some Pappy 15 throughout the day. :grin: Cheers! Joe

Special Reserve
05-29-2011, 17:18
Today and yesterday I mostly wrote procedures for work in anticipation of getting new equipment.

I'm about half done. If I did these at work I'd never get them done.

I did have a little WLW 117.9 this morning as mentioned in another thread.

jcg9779
05-29-2011, 18:36
This morning I took the boat to a nearby island for a few hours with the cousins and we sat on the beach, and then went out kayaking through the marsh this afternoon. I definitely deserve this pour of ND OGD 86!

Roadsaw
05-29-2011, 19:04
Had a small party for my youngest kid, 2 yrs old on Tuesday, now having a little Saz 18.

M14Shooter
05-29-2011, 19:15
After the house stuff was done.I had a few fingers of Four Roses Barrel Strength 2009 from Julio's.

Regards,Mike

MarkEdwards
05-29-2011, 19:42
I am sad to say I suffered through the beginnings of a cold all day, and my only pour was a generous shot of Vick's Formula something or other.

But I DESERVE a good pour of Pappy 15 that is calling my name.

ThomasH
05-29-2011, 20:07
I sat through 3 games of softball my daughters team was playing in, for the second day in a row. They went undefeated and won their tournament, the second in 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I have to work midnights tonight so I'll be toasting Memorial day with something nice, but yet undetermined!

Thomas

T Comp
05-29-2011, 21:20
After a week of stress, grief and living at a hospital 24 hour type days, I am tonight peacefully contemplative with pours of Louisville Special Reserve, Pappy 15, WT Old No. 8 (93), WT Rare Breed (95) and Very Rare Old Dowling BIB 16 year, distilled at reg. dist # 5 in 1953.

mosugoji64
05-29-2011, 21:50
Popped a new bottle of ERSB in celebration of my acceptance to nursing school, then followed that with pours of OWA and ORVW 107. I only hope I can keep up the pours with my nose to the grindstone!

cigarnv
05-30-2011, 03:32
Pretty easy day.... just a few yard chores and then prep for a BBQ for my kids and their families plus a few of our friends. Feeding 15 folks does end up being work! Just a few pours of VW 10/90 late in the evening...

MarkEdwards
05-30-2011, 03:55
Popped a new bottle of ERSB in celebration of my acceptance to nursing school, then followed that with pours of OWA and ORVW 107. I only hope I can keep up the pours with my nose to the grindstone!

Congratulations! You will obviously have to double up on your drinking to make up for it. :cool:

mrviognier
05-30-2011, 08:35

Congratulations on your acceptance. Sounds like you're already well acquainted with the benefits of self-medicating. :grin:

gburger
05-30-2011, 08:41
shredded the back pasture yesterday, fixed the mailbox and cleaned the pool. Now ready for a nice bbq

mosugoji64
05-30-2011, 08:52
Congratulations on your acceptance. Sounds like you're already well acquainted with the benefits of self-medicating. :grin:

Thanks for the congrats, guys! I'll probably be making up for missed pours on the weekends. The waiting will only make them taste that much sweeter! :grin:

StraightNoChaser
05-30-2011, 09:40
Spent all day studying for my spirits exam... celebrated with a few pours of 2010 WLW

ebo
05-30-2011, 10:41
I deserve the couple of pours of Blanton's I'm enjoying right now because I get to spend the rest of the day at my wife's brother's house... who hates whiskey of any kind. I'll be drinking Budweiser the rest of the day.:rolleyes:

mrviognier
05-30-2011, 11:54
Sound painful...except for your pre-visit attitude adjustment.

Res/st-or
05-30-2011, 16:07
Sat on the couch all day weaving in and out of consciousness. Now sipping on a new bottle of Elmer T. Lee. Not bad stuff.

mosugoji64
05-30-2011, 20:31
Sat on the couch all day weaving in and out of consciousness. Now sipping on a new bottle of Elmer T. Lee. Not bad stuff.

Which may just put you back to weaving in and out of consciousness ...

p_elliott
05-31-2011, 07:35
I deserve the couple of pours of Blanton's I'm enjoying right now because I get to spend the rest of the day at my wife's brother's house... who hates whiskey of any kind. I'll be drinking Budweiser the rest of the day.:rolleyes:

You need a flask

JFenwick
05-31-2011, 13:39
You need a flask

I agree, send me a pm and I will send u one :) I ahve a case of Colibri flasks I keep around for just such emergencies.

troyce
05-31-2011, 14:15
My wife and I kept the grandkids( 1 yr and 3 yr old) for the holiday weekend so my youngest and his wife could go to the beach. Last night, Stagg, Buffalo Trace, Wathens and Evan Wms SB came out.

doubleblank
05-31-2011, 14:17
For you or the grandkids?

Randy

mrviognier
05-31-2011, 14:55
My wife and I kept the grandkids( 1 yr and 3 yr old) for the holiday weekend so my youngest and his wife could go to the beach. Last night, Stagg, Buffalo Trace, Wathens and Evan Wms SB came out.

I've heard of 'mother's little helper'...guess you've discovered 'grandpa's little helper'?

G.H.Adams
05-31-2011, 20:09
Lets see, my seventh granddaughter was born on May 6th which is her great-grandmother's birthday. I just returned from a 2400 mile round trip to Minnesota in seven days to see my son graduate from Mankato State so I am medicating myself with some Buffalo Trace.

mosugoji64
05-31-2011, 20:37
Lets see, my seventh granddaughter was born on May 6th which is her great-grandmother's birthday. I just returned from a 2400 mile round trip to Minnesota in seven days to see my son graduate from Mankato State so I am medicating myself with some Buffalo Trace.

Medicate away, man, and get some rest! That's a helluva trip in a short time!

G.H.Adams
05-31-2011, 21:12
Thanks, my butt is still dragging but I got to load up on bourbon that I have to order so it was not in vain.

StraightNoChaser
06-01-2011, 15:56
i don't know if this qualifies as it is not super high end or special... but when i got out of my exam today (which i am sure i aced) i went straight to the store and got myself an OWA107 to celebrate :grin:

tmckenzie
06-01-2011, 16:30
I do not know what bourbon I will deserve by saturday, but it will be a good one. I am on the wagon during the week now. This is day 2, I will need a good one by this weekend. I think I will treat myself well.

Roadsaw
06-01-2011, 18:33
Turning 34 tomorrow, gonna start off the celebration tonight with some Lot B. Jake

moose
06-01-2011, 18:42
Nice thread here, I'll preface my achievements here with the fact that I am working my way through my last year of college here, taking a couple summer courses. Anyways, I had two job interviews in the last two days, each went well, so I feel like I deserve some bourbon tonight, to enjoy during game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final.

mosugoji64
06-02-2011, 08:44
i don't know if this qualifies as it is not super high end or special... but when i got out of my exam today (which i am sure i aced) i went straight to the store and got myself an OWA107 to celebrate :grin:

I'd say it qualifies. OWA is one of the best pours around at any price. And congrats on the exam!

StraightNoChaser
06-02-2011, 22:21
Just received a highly unnecessary scolding via e-mail from work at 10:30pm. GTS 131.8 for me :skep:

p_elliott
06-03-2011, 01:19
Just received a highly unnecessary scolding via e-mail from work at 10:30pm. GTS 131.8 for me :skep:

If you don't deserve it yell back

tmckenzie
06-03-2011, 19:19
Since I have been a good boy all week and rode the wagon. I bought a liter of George Dickel Cascade hollow. I know it ain't bourbon, but Geroge has always been my favorite. And the younger the better. I stopped by and got it, and my wife says, I want to go by the mall. i said ok, if you drive. I got me a big old pull of it. I enjoyed my mall trip. I really deserved that.

G.H.Adams
06-03-2011, 20:00
Hate mall trips with the wife. She has to go into every store in the place. I once told her that I felt that I was the only man in America who went to Las Vegas and was dragged to Walmart to see if they had different yarn. My wife is a knitter. She does not ask anymore.:cool:

ebo
06-03-2011, 20:32
Since I have been a good boy all week and rode the wagon. I bought a liter of George Dickel Cascade hollow. I know it ain't bourbon, but Geroge has always been my favorite. And the younger the better. I stopped by and got it, and my wife says, I want to go by the mall. i said ok, if you drive. I got me a big old pull of it. I enjoyed my mall trip. I really deserved that.
Dickel rocks!:grin:

tmckenzie
06-04-2011, 04:03
Hate mall trips with the wife. She has to go into every store in the place. I once told her that I felt that I was the only man in America who went to Las Vegas and was dragged to Walmart to see if they had different yarn. My wife is a knitter. She does not ask anymore.:cool:

Tell me about it, she went to every damn store in the place. If I had not have been so far from the car, I would have slipped out and got another snort. And I know about walmart too, everyplace we go that we have never been before, she has to go to walmart. No wonder I drink more than I should.

Special Reserve
06-04-2011, 04:50
"I deserve these bourbons"

Daughter had a job interview with a major prestigious university yesterday. I woke up this morning, went for a walk on the golf course, wife went on a photo-shoot this morning. Plan to spend the afternoon with her.

Tough week at work, I deserve these bourbons

Pre-breakfast tasting of PHC 2010 and PVW 15 with my Starbucks French Roast.

Life is good.

MarkEdwards
06-04-2011, 10:13

So, sort of like dusty hunting, except for yarn? :lol:

G.H.Adams
06-04-2011, 20:16
I have a great idea. Walmart should open a bar in the store. That way the men folk can go have a snort while the little ladies shop.:cool:

mosugoji64
06-04-2011, 22:09
I have a great idea. Walmart should open a bar in the store. That way the men folk can go have a snort while the little ladies shop.:cool:

A great idea, but would we get stuck with Great Value brand bourbon? :lol:

MarkEdwards
06-05-2011, 03:39

It would certainly make for more interesting "People of Walmart" photos. :cool:

mrviognier
06-05-2011, 06:36
A great idea, but would we get stuck with Great Value brand bourbon? :lol:

DONE!

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/mrviognier/bbN.jpg

mosugoji64
06-05-2011, 07:59
Good one! At least we know that can't be made in China! :lol:

mrviognier
06-05-2011, 10:38
Good one! At least we know that can't be made in China! :lol:

Now THAT is funny.

G.H.Adams
06-05-2011, 20:56
I like that but in my favorite world all the bourbon in the Walmart bar would top shelf.

MarkEdwards
06-06-2011, 03:41
Actually, that image looks like rebranded mouthwash, which may or may not be a good idea. :cool: