PDA

View Full Version : What's your drinking chair?

SMOWK
06-05-2011, 16:40
I'm in need of a new whiskey drinking chair for the living room. So far I'm leaning towards a Stressless or a Mac Motion. I like the design of each.

Any suggestions? What is your favorite drinking chair?

MarkEdwards
06-05-2011, 17:08
I'm in need of a new whiskey drinking chair for the living room. So far I'm leaning towards a Stressless or a Mac Motion. I like the design of each.

I've got a really nice office chair that is seriously adjustable. I spend most of my home time in front of the PC and thus, in that very comfortable chair. Plus, it has a lifetime guarantee, should I ever wear it out.

If I *should* happen to be in the living room watching TV, I'm usually just sitting or stretched out on the carpet.

If I'm reading, I'm almost always stretched out on the bed.

In each case, if I am also drinking, the glass is nearby, so I guess my answer is that I don't have a favorite place to lounge while drinking, but that when I drink, I like to be comfortable.

MarkEdwards
06-05-2011, 18:07
What is your favorite drinking chair?

Just had a thought - I hope nobody says "Driver's seat of {your car here}." :rolleyes:

callmeox
06-05-2011, 19:38

Any of the assorted chairs on either:

Dougdog's porch or
The GN Gazebo

Anywhere else is a distant third.

moose
06-05-2011, 19:40
I like to sit outside, now that its warming up, or I'll plant myself in the highback chair in the living room. I can't be picky really.

kickert
06-05-2011, 19:54
I have a old swivel rocker that I got at Goodwill when I was in college for $10. It is in my garage now and serves as my "in house get away." The only place I can enjoy a cigar, so also where I enjoy many of my pours.

MarkEdwards
06-05-2011, 19:55
I remember that my Grandpa Attaway's favorite chair was an old rocking chair on his front porch, in Fouke, Arkansas, with the wind blowing through the pines, and Grandma Attaway doing something else and not knowing (or not admitting she knew) that he was having a drink from an old Mason jar.

G.H.Adams
06-05-2011, 22:05
It would have to be my computer chair which is an old dining room table chair.
After a few pours it's the most comfortable chair in the house.:lol:

ratcheer
06-06-2011, 06:38
Heh heh. A few years ago, we were changing our small living room into a home library room. I selected a very nice pair of saddle leather overstuffed chairs with matching ottomans. We also installed French doors in the formerly open entrance way. I thought I would have a quiet, secluded place to read a book and have a drink.

But my wife decided, no food or drink in the library. :smiley_acbt:

Tim

p_elliott
06-06-2011, 08:35
My office chair is my drinking chair and my very large computer desk/cabinet is my liquor cabinet.

jcg9779
06-06-2011, 09:53
Typically in my leather chair while a ballgame is on TV and my laptop is in my lap so I can peruse SB.com or chat in the Gazebo.

SMOWK
06-06-2011, 10:24
But what kind of chairs are they?

jcg9779
06-06-2011, 10:50
My leather chair is a Natuzzi recliner - it's one that my parents bought when they lived in Japan....it's a little more traditional than the furniture that Natuzzi has in the US. Very comfortable, and I've fallen asleep on it more than once!

dean_martin
06-06-2011, 15:25
Studio Day Sofa from World Market placed in the "sweet spot" in front of my stereo when I've picked one bourbon to sip on. If I'm tasting several bottles I usually stand behind the bar or sit on one of the bar stools in front of the bar. I have a hard time sitting until I've picked the right one.

mrviognier
06-06-2011, 20:16
Since it's finally gotten warm enough here, I'm usually in my adirondack chair in the backyard, nursing a glass and preparing to grill.

Of course, the snow will eventually start falling, and I'll have to move my imbibing indoors. When that happens, I've got my eye on a new chair...

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/mrviognier/images.jpg

bourbonNOOG
06-07-2011, 13:42
vintage barcelona chair I picked up at auction.

theDon
06-07-2011, 15:20
I prefer my old Pizza Hut chair in my shop I salvaged from my days working there while in college. Reminds me of the good old days, living on nothing but free pizza and beer. Actually we weren't supposed to drink the beer, but the manager was a friend of mine and he was partaking too, so it was all good.

SMOWK
06-07-2011, 16:14
Does anyone have any experience with Ekornes Stressless chairs? I'm leaning towards one of these.

I realize everybody is different, so different chairs for different folks, but I live in an area without a whole lot of variety. All furniture stores are giant warehouses with nothing but La-Z-Boy and Lane. I was fortunate to find a small place that sold Stressless chairs, and they were very comfortable, but awfully expensive. I'd like to, at least, have something to compare it to before shelling out around $3000 for a recliner.

the Duff
06-07-2011, 18:22
All furniture stores are giant warehouses with nothing but La-Z-Boy and Lane. .

Nothing wrong with La-Z-Boy. We just ordered a "chaise reclina-glide" from the local outlet store Sunday. Give it a sit if its available. Its fixin' to be my new "drinking chair" once its tour of duty in the baby's room is over. Not your typical over stuffed recliner: it has an exposed wood frame and is visually compact.

cas
06-10-2011, 16:16
Outside it's a cypress Adirondack chair my dad made for me about 20 years ago. Inside an increasingly worn green fuzzy green recliner where I've comforted 3 kids (and myself) as they've grown up.
Craig

SMOWK
06-10-2011, 22:05
I went ahead and got the Stressless. So far the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in.

fishnbowljoe
06-11-2011, 11:01
I have two chairs. One is a Marco office chair I use in my computer room. It's the one I use most often. Can you say chat room? :grin: The other chair(s), are on my back porch. I use them when I have visitors. :cool: Cheers! Joe

SMOWK
06-18-2011, 09:48
Over a week now relaxing in the Stressless Spirit. Unbelievably comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :cool::cool:

jcg9779
06-18-2011, 20:20
Over a week now relaxing in the Stressless Spirit. Unbelievably comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :cool::cool:

Post a pic! I've never sat in one, but they look comfortable on the website. In your opinion, are they worth the money?

The Boozer
06-24-2011, 13:26
Anywhere my ass is! :grin:

jcg9779
07-12-2011, 21:50

Still no picture? I'm disappointed, SMOWK!

cbus
07-14-2011, 11:13
Wicker rocking chair on the front porch

Enoch
08-01-2011, 17:33
My favorite drinking chair is an oversized rocking chair that my grandfather bought in 1915. It is in my bourbon corner

jcg9779
08-01-2011, 21:58
My favorite drinking chair is an oversized rocking chair that my grandfather bought in 1915. It is in my bourbon corner

Very nice, Enoch. Love the Maker's barrel also.

Enoch
08-02-2011, 07:54
Love the Maker's barrel also.

I purchased it about a year ago from a liquor store for $100. I have no problem asking owners to sell if I see something I like. They usually won't or want much more than I think its worth, but occasionally they do. I got several barrel head signs and mirrors that way to my wife's dismay.

jcg9779
08-02-2011, 09:47
I purchased it about a year ago from a liquor store for $100. I have no problem asking owners to sell if I see something I like. They usually won't or want much more than I think its worth, but occasionally they do. I got several barrel head signs and mirrors that way to my wife's dismay.

Yep...it's always worth asking! If they say "no" you are in the same spot that you were when you walked in the door. But every now and then you get a "yes" and you can get some pretty good deals!

Enoch
08-02-2011, 10:31
Yep...it's always worth asking! If they say "no" you are in the same spot that you were when you walked in the door. But every now and then you get a "yes" and you can get some pretty good deals!

I was in a small store on the way to my mother-in-law's house and these young guys who had recently purchased the store had a 1 gallon bottle of four roses blended whiskey on a bookcase at the back of the store. The label was worn and I asked them if they wanted to sell it (mostly for the novelty). They responded the whiskey was no good but I could have the bottle for $10. It still sealed and I will probably never drink it but it is a neat display piece for $10. I really think they would sell anything in the store. They did have Knob Creek half-barrel on its side display in back (they took me back to see it and asked me to make an offer.) said I would think about it and get back with them.

kurtmasse.com
05-01-2012, 21:57
This is my Bourbon Chair, Click Here (http://www.kurtmasse.com/Bourbon_chair.html) , I make these out of reclaimed Bourbon barrel staves...

Tony
05-02-2012, 17:41
This is my Bourbon Chair, Click Here (http://www.kurtmasse.com/Bourbon_chair.html) , I make these out of reclaimed Bourbon barrel staves...

Hello Kurt-

Not sure if you were just showing the chairs you make or if you really use it as your chair to drink your bourbon out of. Really looks cool but I think it would look better in the corner as a cool piece. My Adirondack in my backyard is my usual choice.

Best regards, Tony

smokinjoe
05-03-2012, 12:30
Hello Kurt-

Not sure if you were just showing the chairs you make or if you really use it as your chair to drink your bourbon out of. Really looks cool but I think it would look better in the corner as a cool piece. My Adirondack in my backyard is my usual choice.

Best regards, Tony

I'm psychic. Something tells me...wait...I'm getting a mental picture...your Adirondack chair...is...light greenish in color!!! Am I right? Am I right??
:D

Tony
05-03-2012, 17:38
I'm psychic. Something tells me...wait...I'm getting a mental picture...your Adirondack chair...is...light greenish in color!!! Am I right? Am I right??
:D

You are a very smart person :grin:.

I honestly had forgot that was my avatar. Thanks for the laugh.

Best regards, Tony

maskaggs
06-06-2012, 23:03
A small faux leather chair SWMBO found at Target. Within reach of a side table and with arms wide enough to accommodate a glass.

KYPayne
06-07-2012, 14:53
I drink in a leather recliner with a coffee table beside it. If I smoke a cigar though, I sit in iron chairs outside.