PDA

View Full Version : Anyone purchase from Whiskyparadise.com?

mosugoji64
06-11-2011, 23:52
They have a crazy selection of old bottles. Does anyone have any experience with this company? What are their prices like, and are they reliable?

tmckenzie
06-12-2011, 04:19
wow. what a selection. I wonder are they legit?

bcrossan
06-12-2011, 06:17
I have never heard of this site, but holy #%$! Nice collection. He certainly knows what to buy so I am sure he knows how to value too, so if legit expect full prices. I would also be cautious simply because he appears to be from Italy. I know there are many suspected fakes that originate there. I am not saying that is the case with him, but let's face it the ones doing the faking have created a reputation for the whole country.

BBQ+Bourbon
06-12-2011, 08:02
Not sure about his prices, but l found one of these yesterday for $9.99 so that's current market price. Before I'd pay big money for bottles I'd jump in the car and get to hunting. If you work at it, there are still plenty of interesting bottles left. You're unlikely to find VVOF on the shelf, but you can find tons of bottles like this one with a little effort.

http://www.whiskyparadise.com/dettaglio-whisky.asp?IDArticolo=4050

ebo
06-12-2011, 08:24
Where are the prices listed?

mrviognier
06-12-2011, 08:27
I've been in contact with him. As I understand it, he can only sell to licensed wholesalers. Being one, I've asked for availabilities and pricing, but have yet to receive a reply. Will let you know if/when I do.

mosugoji64
06-13-2011, 10:00
I've been in contact with him. As I understand it, he can only sell to licensed wholesalers. Being one, I've asked for availabilities and pricing, but have yet to receive a reply. Will let you know if/when I do.

Great, thank you! He has some amazing items so I was naturally curious about the site.