PDA

View Full Version : Gooderham & Worts Batch #4, any info?

aaronbarker
08-22-2011, 21:52
Hi all,
I recently stumbled across a stash of Gooderham & Worts 'Natural Small Batch' Batch #4 Canadian Whisky. Other than some general info about the now-defunct G&W distillery, I've found precious little about this particular bottling. Anyone know about when it was bottled? Anything else? I've tried it and it's quite good in my opinion. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was a Glengoyne expression with a little more pepper and spice on the finish.

have fun,
aaron

Gillman
08-23-2011, 06:12
Occasionally over the years this whisky has been released although I haven't seen it locally (in Canada) for some years now. Perhaps a new batch has been issued. As Chuck has noted in another regard, Pernod Ricard makes Canadian Club but the brand is owned and sold by Beam Global and I would think this is so also for this brand since Gooderham & Worts was bought by Canadian Club in the 1920's. This whisky, based on my last tastings some years ago, is a high quality version of the Canadian whisky style, i.e., relatively mild and easy-going but with good flavor notes. Perhaps though a new batch is offering another take on the palate.

Gary

aaronbarker
08-23-2011, 19:12
It's bottled by McCormick's Distillery (which doesn't distill anymore) of Weston, MO. The label indicates that it's 10 barrels vatted together to form a 'batch'. Other than that, there's nothing else. I did find out that it was originally released as a trio of Canadian whiskies alongside Lot 40 and Pike's Creek, neither of which I've seen anywhere.

have fun,
aaron