PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon and food pairings qeustion

steeltownbbq
10-22-2011, 17:28
Fellas, I need some help. Tonight I cooked up a mess of collard greens, some cheese grits, fried ham and black-eyed peas, and I'm just not sure what is the correct bourbon to serve with this fine cuisine.

I passed on the OGD BIB as too classy, and the Dickel 12 as too refined. So I settled on Rebel Yell and Cherry Coke in a tall plastic glass.

Do you think that I have committed a faux pas?

callmeox
10-22-2011, 17:32
Did you add ice to the RY cocktail?

steeltownbbq
10-22-2011, 17:39
Yes I did use ice -- is that OK?

callmeox
10-22-2011, 17:40
I think you nailed it.

Sounds like a great meal, btw.

steeltownbbq
10-22-2011, 20:05
Ya should have come over - we can't be too far apart

Tucker
10-22-2011, 20:15
The Southerner in me says you done that meal proud.

smokinjoe
10-23-2011, 08:26
I hope you went heavy with the fat back when cookin' them collards and peas! Fighting Cock seems like a natural choice, BTW. Then, set yerself down to watchin' (or listenin' as I'm likely to do) a little SEC football, and you'll be high on the hog. :)

jcg9779
10-24-2011, 21:11
I hope you went heavy with the fat back when cookin' them collards and peas! Fighting Cock seems like a natural choice, BTW. Then, set yerself down to watchin' (or listenin' as I'm likely to do) a little SEC football, and you'll be high on the hog. :)

FC came to my mind too, but RY is a good choice!

fitzharry
10-24-2011, 22:01
The Southerner in me says you done that meal proud.

This Southerner agrees wholeheartedly! My mouth is watering just reading your menu.

Rebel Yell and Cherry Coke, LOL! That's the kind of drink we have and enjoy...and then deny it!

PJTN68
10-28-2011, 17:33
Fellas, I need some help. Tonight I cooked up a mess of collard greens, some cheese grits, fried ham and black-eyed peas, and I'm just not sure what is the correct bourbon to serve with this fine cuisine.

I passed on the OGD BIB as too classy, and the Dickel 12 as too refined. So I settled on Rebel Yell and Cherry Coke in a tall plastic glass.

Do you think that I have committed a faux pas?

As for me....a great big glass of Buttermilk would have been great :lol: