PDA

View Full Version : Cheers from Maryland

Chimay
10-28-2011, 14:55
Hello, bourbon friends I have been exploring bourbons for just a couple years now on a consistent basis and am hoping to learn more. I traveled to Kentucky this past June to do the Bourbon Trail and had a great time. We also toured Buffalo Trace.

Cheers

Bourbon Boiler
10-28-2011, 18:21
Welcome aboard. Lots of great info and people around this site, and nothing starts a bourbon habit like a trip to Kentucky!

bad_scientist
10-29-2011, 12:54
Hello! New here myself (less than one month on the board). If you're ever in
DC and want to hit up Jack Rose or Bourbon, or the Willard if you're into scotch, with a fellow newbie, let me know!

Flyfish
10-31-2011, 15:15
Welcome aboard. Lots of great info and people around this site, and nothing starts a bourbon habit like a trip to Kentucky!

Unless it is a trip to Montgomery County, Maryland for the best boubon prices in the country.

Happyhour24x7
10-31-2011, 18:23
Hello! New here myself (less than one month on the board). If you're ever in
DC and want to hit up Jack Rose or Bourbon, or the Willard if you're into scotch, with a fellow newbie, let me know!

Check out Acadiana too, great selection and much better food than Bourbon. Haven't eaten at Jack Rose yet, so can't judge. American Ice Co up near U st corridor has a small but decent selection as well.

ethangsmith
11-13-2011, 05:54
Up towards Joppa, MD is Midway Liquors on the Pulaski Highway. It's my favorite stop. Stan, the owner, has a real love and knowledge for bourbon and rye- along with ALL of his other products!

Chimay
11-13-2011, 16:05
Up towards Joppa, MD is Midway Liquors on the Pulaski Highway. It's my favorite stop. Stan, the owner, has a real love and knowledge for bourbon and rye- along with ALL of his other products!

I haven't been to Midway in a few years but will have to give it a shot again soon. I have been going to Wine World in Abingdon lately for most of my bourbon.

bad_scientist
11-13-2011, 16:39
Check out Acadiana too, great selection and much better food than Bourbon. Haven't eaten at Jack Rose yet, so can't judge. American Ice Co up near U st corridor has a small but decent selection as well.

Ouch! Acadiana has a great selection, but Bourbon is something special. All of my Pappy tastings, as well as old Stitzel-Wellers, have been done at Bourbon and Jack Rose. I mean, Acadiana can't touch that, I don't think. Bourbon also always has the entire BTAC for $4 a 1/2 oz. Good for deciding for yourself which tastes good to you.

The owners are friends, I believe. Definitely kindred spirits.

American Ice used to be too expensive, IMO, for beer, but can't argue with an enormous pour of Laphroaig CS for $12. Maybe I'll hit it again before the cold weather sets in.