PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cologne, Germany

stiffchainey
11-19-2011, 06:07
Hello all!

I'm a 34 year old Musician and Author, and, well yes, a bourbon lover! ;)

As i was raised on sleazy rock music and literature by charles bukowski, the first whiskey i ever tasted was surely a Jack daniels (slash, yeah!) and then buk's favourite, my first real bourbon, a Grand ol' dad.

After that, i tried Knob Creek, Baker's, Bulleit, Johnny Drum, Pikeson Rye, Evan Williams 7 y, various Grand ol' dad's, Jim Beam Rye, Wild turkey, Elijah Craig, Ezrah Brooks and other stuff i forgot about over the years. I'm always open for new recommendations, there is so much great stuff to explore.

In Germany there is, sadly, rather little interest in Bourbon, but that's just my opinion. Single Malts are indeed very popular, a good assortment of bourbon is almost not existent (there are some very decent online shops though!).

So, yeah, i like to meet new, cool people from all around the world!

Greets and cheers
Stiff ;-)

ratcheer
11-19-2011, 06:57
Hi, Stiff. Welcome to SB.com. It is always interesting to meet bourbon lovers from all over the world.

Tim

Josh
11-19-2011, 08:55
Welcome aboard Stiff! It's nice to have more European members to keep Lief and MacDeffe in line.:lol: Cheers!

stiffchainey
11-19-2011, 09:19
Thanks for the warm welcome! It is just cool to meet people from all over the world! I guess bourbon is just not that popular in Germany, as the most guys who are more into drinking are snobby white wine/single malt drinkers! (being ironic, haha!).

ratcheer
11-19-2011, 13:24
Thanks for the warm welcome! It is just cool to meet people from all over the world! I guess bourbon is just not that popular in Germany, as the most guys who are more into drinking are snobby white wine/single malt drinkers! (being ironic, haha!).

It is pretty similar here, too, Stiff. Even in the Deep South where bourbon should be king, vodka and fancy scotch pretty much rule.

Tim

ebo
11-19-2011, 14:15
It is pretty similar here, too, Stiff. Even in the Deep South where bourbon should be king, vodka and fancy scotch pretty much rule.

Tim
What is "fancy" Scotch? :grin:

stiffchainey
11-19-2011, 14:47
Yay! Trouble. There is NO good scotch, or? ;-)

p_elliott
02-07-2012, 10:18
Welcome to the site Please post a lot and give us your thoughts. I'm on here in the mornings which is your afternoons if you would like to chat. It the gazebo at the top of the main forum page.

JayMonster
02-07-2012, 14:03
What is "fancy" Scotch? :grin:

I have always taken that to mean Scotch that doesn't have names like Dewar's, J&B, Black and White or Cutty Sark.

ckgdrums
02-16-2012, 14:45
Welcome, Stiff! I'm a fan of single malts as well. Good luck in your quest for more Bourbon to try.