PDA

View Full Version : amrut peated and non peated

trumpstylz
12-01-2011, 14:24
I was wondering if anyone has had these? I would imagine that the peated tastes like scotch (obviously) and the unpeated tastes like irish whiskey? I've heard good things about it.

sku
12-01-2011, 15:03
They all taste like Scotch. They are pretty good, particularly the cask strength versions.

timd
12-01-2011, 15:32
I've had both (and the Fusion) several times.

I LOVE the Amrut Cask Strength Peated... it's outstanding, but at $70+ I think it's a bit overpriced. Not really any better/worse than Laphroaig's 10-QC-CS, Caol Ila 12, or Ardbeg 10 - all of which are typically much cheaper. Has a nice unique taste to it I enjoyed (more fruity & earthy)

The non CS Peated is good, but not phenomenal, I would pass vs. other similarly priced Scotch in that same vein.

The standard & Fusion are good, worth trying a dram of, but I've never bought them... For such a young whisky (albeit it a good one...) I tend to pass it up. If you want good, peaty/smokey & young - Kilchoman is a better option, IMHO.

Granted, I don't think Amrut tastes as young as Kichoman - it's surprisingly rich and mature for its age.

Zanaspus
12-14-2011, 07:10
FWIW, I think the Fusion tastes like heaven. A must have for me.