PDA

View Full Version : New Wisconsinite

coltcannon
12-12-2011, 09:50
Hello

Been lurking for several months, finally got registered to post.

Bartender by trade, lived in WI and Mexico. Just now packing up some WTRye, Willett 3yr Rye, Noahs, Basil, Weller12 to spread the good taste of bourbon on my coming vacation to Mexico.

Most recently enjoyed some 4RSmB in anticipation of my 4R OESO TPS arriving.

Peace

White Dog
12-12-2011, 18:51
Hello

Been lurking for several months, finally got registered to post.

Bartender by trade, lived in WI and Mexico. Just now packing up some WTRye, Willett 3yr Rye, Noahs, Basil, Weller12 to spread the good taste of bourbon on my coming vacation to Mexico.

Most recently enjoyed some 4RSmB in anticipation of my 4R OESO TPS arriving.

Peace

Hello and welcome. I was just at the Brickhouse in Madison enjoying some BBQ and Saz 18! Enjoy the site.

Kalessin
12-13-2011, 09:07
Hello and welcome! (from another new guy..)

Great way to spread the love! Are all bourbons scarce in Mexico, or maybe only the nicer bottles?

p_elliott
12-13-2011, 09:35
I picked up a couple of WT 101 8yr import only in Mexico a few years back.

Colt welcome to the site check out chat it's the gazebo on the top of the main forum page.

coltcannon
12-13-2011, 14:01
Hello and welcome! (from another new guy..)

Great way to spread the love! Are all bourbons scarce in Mexico, or maybe only the nicer bottles?

My cousin has been able to find an importer to purchase Knob Creek and Makers from. Bulliet has recently been available in stores. Some of the problem stems from being in Oaxaca, which just doesnt have the same distribution for lots of goods like other places in Mexico might. Certainly makes up for it in mezcal selection, which will be replacing the bourbon in my bags returning.

Moretorque05
12-13-2011, 20:08
welcome!

let me know if you stumble upon any great liquor stores in Madtown!

coltcannon
12-14-2011, 08:12
welcome!

let me know if you stumble upon any great liquor stores in Madtown!

Nothing here to match the sheer quality of Discount over by you. Between Star, Cork&Bottle, Steve's, Riley's and Woodmans the selection is pretty great.

White Dog
12-14-2011, 20:13
Nothing here to match the sheer quality of Discount over by you. Between Star, Cork&Bottle, Steve's, Riley's and Woodmans the selection is pretty great.

Between all those stores, they may have Discount beat.:rolleyes:

fishnbowljoe
12-14-2011, 21:03

Man those places sound familiar. :rolleyes:

I try and stop at a place or whenever I'm in the Madison area. All nice shops. Cheers! Joe

Jonny.Applebury
12-16-2011, 21:03
Hello and welcome. I was just at the Brickhouse in Madison enjoying some BBQ and Saz 18! Enjoy the site.

I don't like their barbeque at all, but I'm originally from Memphis, TN.

I'm glad no one mentioned the Madison store where I've made some of my biggest scores on the limited release whiskies. :cool:

coltcannon
12-18-2011, 20:48
I don't like their barbeque at all, but I'm originally from Memphis, TN.

I'm glad no one mentioned the Madison store where I've made some of my biggest scores on the limited release whiskies. :cool:

I dont like supporting the convicted tax evading owners apart from the food

:hot: I pride myself in almost knowing beer and liquor stocks at most stores but now you have me riled.

Jonny.Applebury
12-19-2011, 13:54
I dont like supporting the convicted tax evading owners apart from the food

:hot: I pride myself in almost knowing beer and liquor stocks at most stores but now you have me riled.

I'd share, but I've learned from other users that sharing their hunting grounds isn't something that many like to do here. I've gathered that is something reserved only for real-life friends. :rolleyes:

coltcannon
12-19-2011, 23:15
I'd share, but I've learned from other users that sharing their hunting grounds isn't something that many like to do here. I've gathered that is something reserved only for real-life friends. :rolleyes:

No problem brother