PDA

View Full Version : New Michigander

jkater1
12-22-2011, 19:51
I've been a long time looker and finally decided to sign up to post. I'm from the west side of the mitten state, bean counter by day. Been a bourbon drinker for a few years and working on building a stock, although seems a little difficult to do in Michigan with limited choices. Have a lot to learn yet.

awachatz
12-22-2011, 19:58
I've been a long time looker and finally decided to sign up to post. I'm from the west side of the mitten state, bean counter by day. Been a bourbon drinker for a few years and working on building a stock, although seems a little difficult to do in Michigan with limited choices. Have a lot to learn yet.

Hello jkater1,

Where about on the west side? I use to live in Kalamazoo. I know of a couple decent stores in that area if you are near there.

Tony

jkater1
12-22-2011, 20:59
Tony

I live in the Grand Rapids area, I do cover the state pretty well for work though. Was in Lansing, Detroit, TC and Saginaw so far this week. Let me know, I'm always up for checking out new stores trying to find something cool. I came across a Rittenhouse Rye 23 this week that was pretty dusty, haven't found much on this and it was pretty pricey, so didn't get it.

Jared

ACDetroit
12-22-2011, 21:02
Welcome, there has to be some bourbon on that side of the state. Hope you enjoy the ride...it's a fun hobby and a great group.

Cheers!
Tony
I was the first Michigan Tony, seems we have a club now!

Jwilly019
12-22-2011, 21:06
Welcome to the board Jared. I grew up in Grand Rapids before moving to Ohio to go to school. Funny you should pick today to join, as I just got back into town for the holidays. I know of a couple decent stores in the area. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Justin

jkater1
12-22-2011, 21:40
Welcome, there has to be some bourbon on that side of the state. Hope you enjoy the ride...it's a fun hobby and a great group.

Cheers!
Tony
I was the first Michigan Tony, seems we have a club now!

Surprisingly not that much, all the local owners complain about everything going to the east side of the state, all the places I stop at say they haven't seen or remembered getting any BTAC or PVW for at least 4 years.

Josh
12-26-2011, 18:51
Welcome Jared! Always good to have more mitteners kicking around. I hope you're having a great holiday!

Tony
12-26-2011, 19:30
Howdy and welcome from another Michigan guy, glad to have you here.

Best regards, tony

Bourbon Boiler
12-26-2011, 20:12
Welcome aboard. If you get up to TC, check out the Grand Traverse Distillery. They make a rye that is pretty good (albeit $10 overpriced), and just released a bourbon that I'm sure is available for sampling. Really nice guys in there as well.

jkater1
12-28-2011, 20:43
Thanks for the welcome fellas.