PDA

View Full Version : The New York Times article on rye whiskey

Shell
12-26-2011, 10:26
The New York Times followed its recent bourbon article with this one on rye whiskey in yesterday's (12/25/2011) issue:

http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/12/25/travel/rye-whiskey-is-back-with-flavors-of-american-history.html?emc=eta1

Shell

cowdery
12-26-2011, 13:56
Interesting. The bourbon article got almost everything right while the rye article got almost everything wrong.

Lazer
01-02-2012, 11:52
Interesting. The bourbon article got almost everything right while the rye article got almost everything wrong.

If there's a topic that I know about and then the NY Times writes about it, I usually find that they have no idea what they are talking about.

Eth3rStrik3r
01-02-2012, 21:56
Is it just me or does it feel like standard news publications have taken a shit in the past year or so?

cowdery
01-03-2012, 13:45
The writer of the NYT bourbon article was very concerned about getting things right and called me several times to check facts and even how she presented them. She also is based in Louisville, so she has access to many authorities.

The rye article struck me as typical filler, dashed off by somebody who didn't really care.

trumpstylz
01-04-2012, 21:14
If there's a topic that I know about and then the NY Times writes about it, I usually find that they have no idea what they are talking about.

I think the paper version is probably okay, but the online version is not (as is true with many publications, not just NYT).