PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

M Pickle
01-07-2012, 14:11
Should have done this a while ago. Hard to break lurker habits.

I'm happy to join this fine community dedicated to my favorite drink.

A little bit about me:
Active Duty Air Force
Wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs
Reformed home brewer (haven't made a batch since moving to Florida)
Long time bourbon enthusiest

Cheers,
Matt

Neat
01-07-2012, 18:11
welcome! there's a member here who has done very well dusty hunting in florida. which bourbons do you prefer?

M Pickle
01-08-2012, 08:59
Good question. My tastes are ever changing. My daily pour recently changed from Bulliet to Old Forester Signature. I dig ryes and wheaters. My dusty hunting has been minor and unsuccessful. I did have a major score yesterday though. I dropped by my local shop just to poke around. They carry all the normal "small batch" stuff, but not usually any of the hard to find BTAC or Van Winkle. I grabbed a bottle of Bulliet and headed to the register. Low and behold there was 3 Lot Bs, 1 WLW, 1 Eagle Rare 17, and 1 Saz 18. They were all sitting on a clearance rack, and marked down.

I bought them all. Wife is gonna kill me when she sees the credit card bill.:grin:

sailor22
01-08-2012, 11:18
Welcome to the forum M Pickle. It's good to have someone else from this part of Florida on here. Finding those bottles on a discount table is a sweet find. Your wife will eventually get used to those surprises on the credit card bill :rolleyes:
We have some tasting events here in Tallahassee every so often - hope you can join us some time.

M Pickle
01-08-2012, 13:29
Welcome to the forum M Pickle. It's good to have someone else from this part of Florida on here. Finding those bottles on a discount table is a sweet find. Your wife will eventually get used to those surprises on the credit card bill :rolleyes:
We have some tasting events here in Tallahassee every so often - hope you can join us some time.

Thanks sailor22. My wife is used to my surprises after 18 years. I live in Navarre, so Tallahasse is a quick scoot down I-10. Let me know and I'll try to make an event.

p_elliott
01-09-2012, 08:21
Welcome Matt welcome to the site I hope you enjoy yourself here, Post often ask anything you like or tell us your opinions. Join us in chat some time it's the gazebo on the top of the main forums page. Most of all Thank You for your service to our country!

Tony
01-09-2012, 10:51
Howdy and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, tony