PDA

View Full Version : Richmond, VA NooB

brewengineer
01-09-2012, 06:46
New to the forum in Richmond. I have only been into bourbon for a few years, but I have been into craft beer for about 11 years. I am a home brewer and distiller with dreams of one day opening a brewery/distillery. My regular bourbons are Four Roses Single Barrel and Eagle Rare 10. I finally landed a Pappy 20, and think it is simply amazing. My next purchases will hopefully be some Woodford Masters Maple Barrel and possibly some Eagle Rare 17. I hope to get some good information by reading and posting on this forum, so feel free to send me any recommendations you may have. Cheers!

p_elliott
01-09-2012, 08:14
Welcome aboard I hope you enjoy it here, come join us in chat some time. It's the gazebo on the top of the main forums page. I would go some place and try a pour of that Woodford Master Collection Maple Barrel before I dished out that kind money for it. Those have not been well received in the past.

brewengineer
01-09-2012, 10:05
Welcome aboard I hope you enjoy it here, come join us in chat some time. It's the gazebo on the top of the main forums page. I would go some place and try a pour of that Woodford Master Collection Maple Barrel before I dished out that kind money for it. Those have not been well received in the past.

Thanks!
I actually tried some Woodford Masters at the local ripoff whiskey bar. I thought it was very smooth, and I have never had a bourbon with clear maple flavor. This state is not the best for acquiring special limited run whiskey. I feel very lucky to just have a single bottle of PVW 20.

p_elliott
01-09-2012, 10:23
Thanks!
I actually tried some Woodford Masters at the local ripoff whiskey bar. I thought it was very smooth, and I have never had a bourbon with clear maple flavor. This state is not the best for acquiring special limited run whiskey. I feel very lucky to just have a single bottle of PVW 20.

Cool if you have tried it and you like go for it. Good thing you have a place you can try things like that but they tend to be expensive.

Tony
01-09-2012, 10:47
Howdy and welcome from up in Michigan.

Best regards, tony

brewengineer
01-09-2012, 11:08
Cool if you have tried it and you like go for it. Good thing you have a place you can try things like that but they tend to be expensive.

You're not kidding. I paid $25 for a 1.5oz pour of Eagle Rare 17. I was not impressed enough to every pay that much for another glass.

dridge11
01-10-2012, 12:48
This state is not the best for acquiring special limited run whiskey. I feel very lucky to just have a single bottle of PVW 20.

No doubt...my folks live in VA and I was out for the holidays. VABC stores were a disappointment. I do really dig some of the beers you can get out there thought.

Welcome to SB.