PDA

View Full Version : New Atlanta SB member

DaveOfAtl
01-23-2012, 10:55
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to formally introduce myself. After coming across this site numerous times over the past year, I decided to formally sign up. Bourbon has always been my drink of choice, but it has become more of an obsession over the last couple years. I had always been a MM guy through college and law school but was given a bottle of VW Lot B as a wedding present. Since then, I've been soaking up as much information as I can, particularly from this place, and trying as many new whiskeys as possible. I'm also just starting to learn about Rye.

I'm currently enjoying the 2011 PHC, PVW 20, and Lot B, as well as Rittenhouse BIB. I recently purchased a bottle of the E.H. Taylor SB and the PHC 2010 and am looking forward to trying those soon.

Looking forward to learning a lot from y'all.

Dave

jcg9779
01-23-2012, 11:01
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to formally introduce myself. After coming across this site numerous times over the past year, I decided to formally sign up. Bourbon has always been my drink of choice, but it has become more of an obsession over the last couple years. I had always been a MM guy through college and law school but was given a bottle of VW Lot B as a wedding present. Since then, I've been soaking up as much information as I can, particularly from this place, and trying as many new whiskeys as possible. I'm also just starting to learn about Rye.

I'm currently enjoying the 2011 PHC, PVW 20, and Lot B, as well as Rittenhouse BIB. I recently purchased a bottle of the E.H. Taylor SB and the PHC 2010 and am looking forward to trying those soon.

Dave

Welcome to the site, Dave! What part of town are you in?

DaveOfAtl
01-23-2012, 11:22
Thanks. I live in town between Buckhead and Midtown (Collier Hills).

jcg9779
01-23-2012, 11:31

Very cool. I'm up in the Dunwoody area, we have a few members over in Marietta, and some others scattered around the suburbs. We're building a decent sized membership in the area!

wmpevans
01-23-2012, 11:36
Hello everyone,

Dave

Dave, welcome to SB from another Atlantan. Based upon bottles listed you've got a great start, and good taste. SB is a great source for learning and getting together with other bourbon lovers.

I note you're an attorney, as am I. Sometimes, like today, it's more fun to be thinking about bourbon than pushing papers. :lol:

Looking forward to getting together and sippin some bourbon. BTW if you're a member of Lawyer's Club there's a Whisky tasting event on Feb. 2. It's Scotch, but hey it's whiskey.

Bill.

Lost Pollito
01-23-2012, 11:46
Welcome aboard Dave!

BigRich
01-23-2012, 12:02

I used to live over in that area myself before heading out to Marietta. Welcome aboard!

clingman71
01-23-2012, 12:29
Welcome to world of bourbon nerd heaven.

smokinjoe
01-23-2012, 14:17
Welcome aboard, Dave! Glad to have another Atlantan on SB.Com. And, please accept our invitation for Membership into the Georgia Bourbon Society. Seeing that we are partaking in the detonation of illegal pyrotechnic devises, regularly exceeding the amount of alcoholic beverages transported across state lines, trafficking in the production and display of lewd photographs of members in compromising situations with dead animals, and serving alcoholic beverages to minors (i.e. Troyce), we are in need of additional legal counsel to assist Bill. I would help, but my legal career dream ended years ago when I blew on both attempts at the LSAT. :rolleyes:

Anywho, welcome again, and hopefully we all can get together for a few bourbons soon.
:toast:

Tony
01-23-2012, 14:44
Howdy and Welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, tony

DaveOfAtl
01-23-2012, 14:55
Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody. I look forward to meeting y'all. I'm not surprised to see that lawyers are well-represented on this site.

Bill-- I'm not familiar with the Lawyer's Club, but that sounds great.

Joe -- given your description of this esteemed organization, my legal services are at your disposal, on a pro bono basis . . . or at least in exchange for a nice pour.

Cheers!

Restaurant man
01-23-2012, 16:42
Welcome from a recently welcomed. Looks like the Atlanta contingent swells. No longer a one man wolf pack.

troyce
01-23-2012, 16:44
Welcome aboard, Dave! Glad to have another Atlantan on SB.Com. And, please accept our invitation for Membership into the Georgia Bourbon Society. Seeing that we are partaking in the detonation of illegal pyrotechnic devises, regularly exceeding the amount of alcoholic beverages transported across state lines, trafficking in the production and display of lewd photographs of members in compromising situations with dead animals, and serving alcoholic beverages to minors (i.e. Troyce), we are in need of additional legal counsel to assist Bill. I would help, but my legal career dream ended years ago when I blew on both attempts at the LSAT. :rolleyes:

Anywho, welcome again, and hopefully we all can get together for a few bourbons soon.
:toast:

Joe is bragging. It was his fourth attempt at the GED that killed the dream.

Tucker
01-28-2012, 18:06
A belated welcome, Dave! Hope to see you at the next meeting of the GBS.

You're going to have to change that avatar, though.

[Go Jackets!]

troyce
02-01-2012, 15:04
Welcome Dave. I grew up in Peachtree Hills, now live in Marietta. Look foward to meeting you.

DaveOfAtl
02-01-2012, 17:14
Welcome Dave. I grew up in Peachtree Hills, now live in Marietta. Look foward to meeting you.

Very cool, love P Hills. My wife works in Marietta, right off the square.

Restaurant man
02-01-2012, 19:34
My buddy Kevin rathbun just announced he's gonna open his new restaurant in p'tree hills. I'm sure it will be a good addition

DaveOfAtl
02-01-2012, 19:49
My buddy Kevin rathbun just announced he's gonna open his new restaurant in p'tree hills. I'm sure it will be a good addition

I saw that . . . KR SteakBar should be a great addition. I'm a huge fan of his restaurants, and that will be much closer than Inman Park. Taking my dad to Rathbun Steak in February for his birthday (hey, they can't all be at your place!).

Restaurant man
02-01-2012, 20:15
I saw that . . . KR SteakBar should be a great addition. I'm a huge fan of his restaurants, and that will be much closer than Inman Park. Taking my dad to Rathbun Steak in February for his birthday (hey, they can't all be at your place!).

Exactly! Hate driving all the way down there. Just ate at rathbuns earlier this month. Lookin forward to th steakbar. He usually has a couple of good bourbons/ryes back there

gburger
02-01-2012, 20:31
Also another big welcome

Kalessin
02-01-2012, 21:29
Another cool new restaurant opening in Atlanta?

This just isn't fair! Right now Boston's restaurant scene is kinda lame right now compared to the wonderful meals I had when I was in Atlanta last fall...

Restaurant man
02-03-2012, 21:29
It's a good food town. Just had my first meal at delia's chicken sausage shack last week. Memorial drive and I-20 (the hood). :yum:

mrviognier
02-04-2012, 06:55
Welcome, Dave! And Tucker may be right about that avatar. As a former Dunwoody boy and current head of the UGA Alumni Association in Minnesota, I think it might be a little understated.

:grin:

DaveOfAtl
02-05-2012, 13:25
Welcome, Dave! And Tucker may be right about that avatar. As a former Dunwoody boy and current head of the UGA Alumni Association in Minnesota, I think it might be a little understated.

:grin:

I think you might be right, Mat. I'll see if I can find something that stands out more. Go Dawgs! :lol:

mrviognier
02-05-2012, 13:32
Just for you I'm changing my avatar. It's a photo of my Dawg, VIVI ('viv-vee') who's daddy was UGA VI. Her brothers were VII & VIII, and her lineage goes all the way back to UGA I.

GO DAWGS!

DaveOfAtl
02-05-2012, 14:14
Just for you I'm changing my avatar. It's a photo of my Dawg, VIVI ('viv-vee') who's daddy was UGA VI. Her brothers were VII & VIII, and her lineage goes all the way back to UGA I.

GO DAWGS!

Wow, an all-white Seiler pup! I'm jealous. Any word on when UGA IX is going to be introduced?

jtexaslonestar
02-05-2012, 14:38

GO DAWGS!

That is a beautiful Dawg!

smokinjoe
02-05-2012, 14:46

GO DAWGS!

Dang, Mat! We have been delighted to have you as a member of the Georgia Bourbon Society, but you didn't say that you live with Royalty!! Please consider VIVI a member, and bring her to the next meeting so I can have my picture taken with her. :D

I'm not sure, but if'n any of our Members are War Eagles... :bigeyes:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/hocheesepimp/UGAattackingAUB.jpg

mrviognier
02-05-2012, 20:50
Thank you, kindly!

Needless to say, my family bleeds Red & Black. Here are a few photos that - as Dawg fans - I'm sure you'll appreciate:

#1: My boys with Coach Dooley
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/mrviognier/DSCN0625.jpg

#2: My boys with UGA VII
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/mrviognier/BoysNUGA.jpg

#3: A photo that appeared on the front page of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in 2008: Mo Massaquoi running away from some Vols. That's me and my boys in the background.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/mrviognier/MoMassoutrunningtheVols.jpg

mrviognier
02-05-2012, 20:53
That is a beautiful Dawg!

Thanks! Gotta ask...is Two Brother's BBQ still open? Used to head up to Ballground just to have lunch there...

mrviognier
02-05-2012, 20:54
Wow, an all-white Seiler pup! I'm jealous. Any word on when UGA IX is going to be introduced?

Yep. UGA IX will be inducted with the new football season. He's VIVI's great nephew.

DaveOfAtl
02-06-2012, 04:34
Thank you, kindly!

Needless to say, my family bleeds Red & Black. Here are a few photos that - as Dawg fans - I'm sure you'll appreciate:

#1: My boys with Coach Dooley
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/mrviognier/DSCN0625.jpg

#2: My boys with UGA VII
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/mrviognier/BoysNUGA.jpg

#3: A photo that appeared on the front page of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in 2008: Mo Massaquoi running away from some Vols. That's me and my boys in the background.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/mrviognier/MoMassoutrunningtheVols.jpg

Okay, now I'm all pumped up for the season, and we have 207 more days.