PDA

View Full Version : What commonly available brands are NOT available as miniatures

boneuphtoner
01-23-2012, 14:11
Yes, I know any of the PVW or GTS won't be available as miniatures, but I've seen references to Blantons as well as Knob Creek being available as miniatures, and I would not have guessed that. I can think of no better way to try new brands with very little investment of funds...so, can you find Eagle Rare, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, etc. as miniatures?

WhiskyToWhiskey
01-23-2012, 14:23
There is a "small batch collection" that has KC, BH, baker's and booker's as miniatures in a set.

ThomasH
01-23-2012, 14:31
The only Eagle Rare bourbon minis I have ever seen are the discontinued 101 proof ones!

Thomas

CaptainQ
01-23-2012, 14:34
Yes, I know any of the PVW or GTS won't be available as miniatures, but I've seen references to Blantons as well as Knob Creek being available as miniatures, and I would not have guessed that. I can think of no better way to try new brands with very little investment of funds...so, can you find Eagle Rare, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, etc. as miniatures?

Here you go: http://www.thepartysource.com/express/results.php?o=50&t=stype&s=MINI

Look through all the pages to find the bourbons.

boneuphtoner
01-23-2012, 14:36
There is a "small batch collection" that has KC, BH, baker's and booker's as miniatures in a set.

Awesome! With the exception of the KC, I haven't tried the others, so I will definitely look out for this one when I go to Liquor Barn in Louisville this spring!

boneuphtoner
01-23-2012, 14:37
Here you go: http://www.thepartysource.com/express/results.php?o=50&t=stype&s=MINI

Look through all the pages to find the bourbons.

Thanks so much, this is very helpful! Quick question...is it a reasonable assumption that the Liquor Barn in Louisville will have most of these available?

ThomasH
01-23-2012, 20:15
Liquor Barn has quite a few but I think Party Source has more!

Thomas

trumpstylz
01-23-2012, 20:24
You could probably just go to a whiskey bar and try most of these higher end bottlings for the same price as buying the miniature bottles. A lot of the bigger chain liquor stores also provide free trials of bottles they have open (places like binnys)