PDA

View Full Version : New from N. Georgia

jtexaslonestar
01-23-2012, 19:17
Hey Folks,

Just stopping by to say 'hey' to everyone here. Some quick points about me for everyone: I live 60 miles north of Atlanta and work in Marietta daily on a golf course. I graduated from UGA and drank my fair share of JB with coke or ginger on Saturdays. Since my sister's wedding last August, I have become fascinated with experiencing bourbon neat or with a splash of water. I have really had great experiences with some of the wheaters available, esp. the PVW15. Fortunately, my BIL loves bourbon and gave me a bottle of JPS 17y.o. for my 30th birthday, which I have enjoyed. I was also glad that it gave me my first experience with S-W product. However, I have not/will not limit my experiences to a certain expression. I am very interested in what different distilleries have to offer with their products.
I have enjoyed the site thus far and I am excited to read more and hopefully be able to contribute as well. Thanks everyone!

Josh

DaveOfAtl
01-23-2012, 19:23
Welcome and Go Dawgs. UGA '03 grad here.

jtexaslonestar
01-23-2012, 19:34
Welcome and Go Dawgs. UGA '03 grad here.

Thanks Dave! Go Dawgs! That's cool, I graduated in '04. Enjoying some BT, neat, while the wife watches the Bachelor while I peruse SB!

smokinjoe
01-23-2012, 19:47
Welome to SB, Josh! I'm just East of the Big Chicken, so we're close. Nice commute you have! You're pulling off of 75 right about when it's getting bad. It's probably quicker for you to do your 60 to Mayretta, than it used to be for me from here to Midtown, when my office was there. Ha! Please accept our invitation to Georgia Bourbon Society. Folks with golf connections are always fast-tracked for Membership!...:D We will have to plan another get together soon for all of our new members. Initiation hazing hasn't been all that bad, though our Hazing Coordinator, BigRich is planning..."something that I can't talk about, yet..." Not sure what that means, but am glad we now have two attorneys on staff...:D

Again, welcome!
:toast:

Restaurant man
01-23-2012, 22:33
Welcome in. U must be out at the lake. I'll bring a bottle this summer with some gas money.

BigRich
01-24-2012, 06:56
Welome to SB, Josh! I'm just East of the Big Chicken, so we're close. Nice commute you have! You're pulling off of 75 right about when it's getting bad. It's probably quicker for you to do your 60 to Mayretta, than it used to be for me from here to Midtown, when my office was there. Ha! Please accept our invitation to Georgia Bourbon Society. Folks with golf connections are always fast-tracked for Membership!...:D We will have to plan another get together soon for all of our new members. Initiation hazing hasn't been all that bad, though our Hazing Coordinator, BigRich is planning..."something that I can't talk about, yet..." Not sure what that means, but am glad we now have two attorneys on staff...:D

Again, welcome!
:toast:

SSSSHHHHHHH DAMN IT!:hot:

Anyway, welcome aboard. I'm about crawling distance from Joe's house over in East Cobb too. Glad to see our Georgian ranks growing on SB.

jcg9779
01-24-2012, 08:13
Welcome Josh! :toast:

wmpevans
01-24-2012, 09:17
Welcome to SB Josh.

We're getting enough in #'s to look at a GBS single barrel project. I know Kevin, "Restaurant Man", threw this out in an earlier post.

I believe Joe has done one, and could share his thoughts and expertise. I'ld be all for OWA, or 4R.

Can we get this off the ground. What sayeth the GBS group. Is there enough interest? What would total cost be?

Looks like we need a GBS committee meeting, which obviously would involve some bourbon testing.....for the project, of course. :cool:

Bill.

DaveOfAtl
01-24-2012, 13:26
Welcome to SB Josh.

We're getting enough in #'s to look at a GBS single barrel project. I know Kevin, "Restaurant Man", threw this out in an earlier post.

I believe Joe has done one, and could share his thoughts and expertise. I'ld be all for OWA, or 4R.

Can we get this off the ground. What sayeth the GBS group. Is there enough interest? What would total cost be?

Looks like we need a GBS committee meeting, which obviously would involve some bourbon testing.....for the project, of course. :cool:

Bill.

I'd be down. Sounds awesome.

tsangster
01-24-2012, 15:51
We're getting enough in #'s to look at a GBS single barrel project.

I'd like to participate if this gets off the ground.

jtexaslonestar
01-24-2012, 17:55
Thanks to all for the great welcome! I am certainly interested in the GBS! And maybe a lucky few will get on the course. I have golfing privileges and I CAN bring guests. However, I work a lot and do not enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor at certain times of the summer. But I do occasionally suffer for close friends.:lol: The single barrel event would be awesome! Again, thanks and I look forward to this experience! See y'all around!:cool:

Restaurant man
01-24-2012, 21:11
Welcome to SB Josh.

Bill.

Sounds like a good idea. I could probably take a chunk for the restaurant if we end up with more whiskey than we can drink. If that is even possible. Randall who reps 4 roses is local and would love to set us up. Woodford has a cool program and I've never talked to weller but I love their whiskey. And I looove the idea of a GBS private label. Now I just gotta see if I get an invite to join.

Khari
01-24-2012, 21:23
Welcome! I'm just Southeast of you in Alpharetta.

DaveOfAtl
01-25-2012, 13:05
Sounds like a good idea. I could probably take a chunk for the restaurant if we end up with more whiskey than we can drink. If that is even possible. Randall who reps 4 roses is local and would love to set us up. Woodford has a cool program and I've never talked to weller but I love their whiskey. And I looove the idea of a GBS private label. Now I just gotta see if I get an invite to join.

Well, this sounds promising! Where do I sign up?

Restaurant man
01-25-2012, 21:03
I'd like to participate if this gets off the ground.

Sangster? I've. Been taking care of a Tom sangster for years. He's in the magazine biz. Any relation?

Restaurant man
01-25-2012, 21:09
Here's what we need to do. We meet for lunch. Any day of your choosing. Ill supply the burgers. At that time we decide who to get the barrel from. From there we figure how many people will accept financial responsibility and how much responsibility each person will speak for. Once that is established we will see how close we are to total $$ needed. Aftervthat the rest is just fun and games. It'll take more than one meeting but we can have a belt while working out details. Who's in from GA?

tsangster
01-26-2012, 07:03
Sangster? I've. Been taking care of a Tom sangster for years. He's in the magazine biz. Any relation?

Wouldn't be terribly surprised but I'm not aware of any relatives in the magazine business.

tsangster
01-26-2012, 07:05
Here's what we need to do. We meet for lunch. Any day of your choosing. Ill supply the burgers. At that time we decide who to get the barrel from. From there we figure how many people will accept financial responsibility and how much responsibility each person will speak for. Once that is established we will see how close we are to total $$ needed. Aftervthat the rest is just fun and games. It'll take more than one meeting but we can have a belt while working out details. Who's in from GA?

My attendance at a lunch meeting in Atlanta would depend upon day of the week but I'd definitely like to participate.

BigRich
01-26-2012, 07:07
Well twist my arm why don't you.:grin:

DaveOfAtl
01-26-2012, 07:23

I'm in. Meeting over lunch sounds like a good plan. Just let me know when, and I'm there.

smokinjoe
01-26-2012, 08:41

Thanks for the kind offer for GBS to sully your fine establishment's reputation with our motley crew's presense! :D. Welcome to GBS! We have been looking for a Director of Fine Cuisine, and you got the job. Congratulations! Do you have room for our mascot in the restaurant? ;). We have been doing some preliminary work on a potential barrel selection for a couple of months. Let's all discuss.