PDA

View Full Version : Boston Bourbonite.

jaycamm
02-06-2012, 12:00
Greetings. My name is Jason Cammarata. I hail from Melrose Massachusetts, about 7 miles north of Boston.
My whisky journey began in the mid-90's with Old Thompson whiskey sours. I soon graduated to Beam White and Coke. I eventually upgraded to Beam Black (which i still find to be very good). The obsession began in earnest when I received a bottle of Blantons as a gift from my brother about 8yrs ago. Before long Booker and Basil joined the party. The collection has swelled to around 80 bottles (much to my wife's dismay).
I am a regular reader of The Chuck Cowdery Blog, SKU's Recent Eats, Sourmash Manifesto and the Whisky Advocate Blogs (among others) I also obsessively read the straightbourbon forum archives.
I am an admirer of Mr. Gillman and often experiment with vattings of my own.
I would to thank all of you for contributing to my bourbon education and I am looking forward to participating in this wonderful community. Thank you, Jason.

Kalessin
02-13-2012, 20:43
Welcome, Jay! I'm over in Lexington, but have some good friends who live in Melrose.

Looks like you're on the path to finding some better bourbons... :) I'm not sure where the good bottle shopping is up by Melrose, as my favorite stores are down in Boston and Newton.

jtexaslonestar
02-14-2012, 06:57
Welcome to SB! See ya around!

StraightBoston
02-14-2012, 07:04
Hi Jason! I'm up in Andover, working in Burlington. It looks like we're getting closer to critical mass for a North of Boston/128 tasting group! (Glad to see another appreciator of JBB, too.)

I would assume your local shop of choice is Atlas in Medford?

Welcome.

MikeK
02-14-2012, 09:58
Welcome Jason,

Are you aware of Julio's whiskey weekend in Westboro next weekend?

http://www.lochandkey.com/newsletter/Feb-1-2012.htm

Cheers,

cowdery
02-14-2012, 13:20
Isn't bourbonite the stuff that kills Bourbon Superman?

gburger
02-15-2012, 16:07
Welcome, enjoy this great site.

ckgdrums
02-16-2012, 13:38
Welcome from Kansas...

jaycamm
02-19-2012, 17:00
Welcome Jason,

Are you aware of Julio's whiskey weekend in Westboro next weekend?

http://www.lochandkey.com/newsletter/Feb-1-2012.htm

Cheers,

I'm planning on going, but with an infant daughter at home, you never know!

jaycamm
02-19-2012, 17:02
Hi Jason! I'm up in Andover, working in Burlington. It looks like we're getting closer to critical mass for a North of Boston/128 tasting group! (Glad to see another appreciator of JBB, too.)

I would assume your local shop of choice is Atlas in Medford?

Welcome.

I work about 2 minutes from Atlas, so i do visit them quite a bit.

jaycamm
02-19-2012, 17:03

Chuck, you are Bourbon Superman, so you tell me!

cowdery
02-19-2012, 20:12
Chuck, you are Bourbon Superman, so you tell me!

Well, I'm still here, to the disappointment of many.

sutton
03-22-2012, 17:20
Belated welcome, Jay - I've only recently been checking out the boards again. Nice to see another N. Englander ... I'm in Sutton, not far from Julio's. Hope to see you there sometime.

smokinjoe
03-22-2012, 17:30

Bourbonite kills Bourbon Superman, and Bourbon Supreme kills both...

jaycamm
04-08-2012, 16:05
Belated welcome, Jay - I've only recently been checking out the boards again. Nice to see another N. Englander ... I'm in Sutton, not far from Julio's. Hope to see you there sometime.

Thanks, Mark. I hit Julio's on Saturday. Picked up 3 bottles of the new OWA micro batch. I try to make it out for Whiskey Wednesday but something always comes up! Maybe we'll meet up somewhere down the line.