PDA

View Full Version : A New Bourbon Dork from Chicago

TradingBoiler
03-23-2012, 11:23
Hi all,

I just wanted to write and introduce myself to the group. I have been an avid bourbon drinker for about 6 years now (which happened to coincide with me discountinuing binge drinking Makers Mark in college :lol: ) and am looking forward to reading and contributing to SB. A little about me, I am an Investment Manager, decent fly fisherman, and most importantly a lover of wheated bourbons. Don't get me wrong I enjoy good Rye's but I just have a love affair with Wheated bourbon. Being in the Midwest there is only one place I get my bourbon and that's from the boy's (Joe and Ron) at Binny's in Chicago. They do a great job at getting great stuff. Thanks for reading and look forward to speaking and getting to know everyone.

My best,
TradingBoiler (Eric)

Wall Eye
03-23-2012, 13:24
Welcome.

Be sure to share some of your better bourbon investments.

I'll assume a Purdue connection? My son is finishing his second year there now.

smokinjoe
03-23-2012, 13:54
Hi all,

I just wanted to write and introduce myself to the group. I have been an avid bourbon drinker for about 6 years now (which happened to coincide with me discountinuing binge drinking Makers Mark in college :lol: ) and am looking forward to reading and contributing to SB. A little about me, I am an Investment Manager, decent fly fisherman, and most importantly a lover of wheated bourbons. Don't get me wrong I enjoy good Rye's but I just have a love affair with Wheated bourbon. Being in the Midwest there is only one place I get my bourbon and that's from the boy's (Joe and Ron) at Binny's in Chicago. They do a great job at getting great stuff. Thanks for reading and look forward to speaking and getting to know everyone.

My best,
TradingBoiler (Eric)

Fishnbowljoe, is that you???? :skep:

Welcome aboard, Eric...If you really are who you say you are...:D I hope you enjoy your time here.
:toast:

T Comp
03-23-2012, 16:48
Welcome Eric, We are on schedule to have 2 Chicago area get togethers a year at the South Loop Binny's. Next one won't be till fall but try to make one and you can meet some of our other infamous members from not only around here but Indiana, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Georgia, Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin... that have made it so far :cool:. Of course the Sampler and KBF in Kentucky are great events to meet members too.

Bourbon Boiler
03-23-2012, 18:10
Welcome aboard. Chicago is a good place for a whiskey lover to be this weekend.

fishnbowljoe
03-23-2012, 20:58
Northern Illinois. Wheater lover. :grin: Welcome aboard Eric. Joe

TradingBoiler
03-24-2012, 20:53
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Wall Eye I actually am a Purdue grad and congrats to your son on picking a great school! T Comp thanks I hope to get to some events in 2012 and am really looking forward to expanding my knowledge and tastes. Hope you all have a great evening. I'm going to go back for seconds of KCSB that Joe and the guys at Binny's hand picked. It's really interesting and complex!

gburger
03-25-2012, 14:09
Welcome to the group.

TradingBoiler
03-26-2012, 07:59
Thank you gburger!