PDA

View Full Version : Hang on to those bottle tops!

Clavius
03-26-2012, 18:54
Because you can make neat magnets out of them!

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu105/mnosam/IMG_1907.jpg

/nerd

Seriously though, I don't remember where I saw someone do this. It may have been here on SB. Regardless it's something neat to do with the nicer bottle tops like the BTAC. All I did was cut the cork off flush with the back of the top with a sharp knife. Then I made a small hole for the magnet to sit in and used super glue to hold it in place. Just thought I'd share.

AaronWF
03-26-2012, 20:16
I like it! I knew I held on to some of those caps for a reason...

StraightNoChaser
03-26-2012, 20:45
I did the exact same thing with an old Highland Park cork top

thezenone
03-27-2012, 10:50
I've been saving my bottle tops for quite a few years with no real idea what I would eventually do with them. I guess I now have an idea for at least a few of them.

JayMonster
03-27-2012, 13:16
I love the idea,but always fear them turning into "divorce complainant Exhibit A"

dohidied
03-27-2012, 14:04
Wild Turkey saved me the labor of taking the cork off. My pewter tops are halfway there!

Tico
03-27-2012, 14:07
I love the idea,but always fear them turning into "divorce complainant Exhibit A"
I sometimes think that about most of the pics posted in this forum! :cool:

BroInBourbonMD
03-28-2012, 18:51
I sometimes think that about most of the pics posted in this forum! :cool:

I completely agree. Which is exactly why I have not posted a picture of my "stash" in that thread b/c my wife would beat the piss out of me if she new what I have spent to amass (just to name a few) 8 PVW20, 1 ORVW23 decanter, 2 PVW23, 2PVW15, 7 CEHT Tornado, the full 2011 BTAC, 2 WTAS, 2 WTT, 7 BTEC, 2 BTSO among many others....and all of this in just 9 months of having a bourbon habit.

Well I guess I would get to keep the bourbon in the divorce. I'll post a picture this weekend.:grin:

This raises an interesting question, does anyone have an insurance policy on their bourbon bunker? I think I might need one.

Adam
03-29-2012, 04:29
Because you can make neat magnets out of them!

/nerd

Seriously though, I don't remember where I saw someone do this. It may have been here on SB. Regardless it's something neat to do with the nicer bottle tops like the BTAC. All I did was cut the cork off flush with the back of the top with a sharp knife. Then I made a small hole for the magnet to sit in and used super glue to hold it in place. Just thought I'd share.

That's a Jerker desk, isn't it? (with the optional additional shelf)

Phil T
03-29-2012, 04:50

I got into bourbon after the divorce, so it's all good..:cool:

GreggJ
03-29-2012, 08:42
Thats a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

I will have to start saving these and make a few of my own.

pepcycle
03-29-2012, 13:43
@Bro
You can insure a bourbon collection. I had it in a previous location and the local fire marshall inspected and made me put NFPA stickers on my door.

PS:
Are you afraid She'll drink it, you'll drink it or someone will steal it?

Clavius
03-29-2012, 20:39
That's a Jerker desk, isn't it? (with the optional additional shelf)
Haha!

Somebody else shops at IKEA!

Adam
03-30-2012, 05:20
Haha!

Somebody else shops at IKEA!
<3 the Jerker :grin: