PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Louisville and Lexington this weekend.

autiger23
03-27-2012, 22:43
Going to Proof on Main street and staying at the brown. If you could only go to one bar after dinner to end the night would you do the seelbach or bourbon bistro? Seelbach would be optimal as its between both the restaurant and hotel.

Also doing the Merrick Inn for dinner in Lexington and heard the Bluegrass Tavern is the place to be for an extensive list. Does the horse and barrel even close or worth it?

Anything else I am missing. Hitting up Makers, HH Friday then BT, WR and FR on Saturday. Taking the wife, my parents and inlaws for early bday weekend for me!

Stopping at Liquor Barn for ones I can't get in Atlanta, Nashville or Huntsville. Hope there are some.

beattyja
03-27-2012, 23:21
Bourbons Bistro is the place to go!!! I will be there for hours on end this Friday with some vintage bottles and will pour you some. Just ask the bartender where Jason from Indy is sitting. There is a bourbon dinner at Limestone with Angel's Envy this Friday at 6:30 and Kyle Henderson will be there but Wes is out of town. You might not find anything at Liquor Barn. If you get ahold of me, I can bring down some BTAC for ya... beattyja(at)live(dot)com

clingman71
03-28-2012, 07:18
Bourbons is great, but a drive. We went in the fall, stayed downtown, and went to Bourbons earlier, finished at Seelbach. Jockey Silks was good too, had pours of AA BIB & VWFRR at very reasonable prices. The old woman behind the bar was great.

jwevan01
03-29-2012, 11:53
The Seelbach is a beautiful bar, but the pours are measured exactly and the bartenders are recorded on camera (according to my waitress). Bourbon's Bistro pours freely, but it is a drive. Maker's Bourbon Bar on 4th Street is pretty fair and you can make your own flight (I think the best value are the Wild Turkey products based on
their price list). I agree with the poster who recommended Jockey Silks (walking distance). Eddie Merlot's is an upscale steakhouse with a pretty extensive bar (as seen through the window) but have no idea about pricing/pour ratio.

In Lexington, you might want to check the Thoroughbred Shop for liquor. My mom says that they have been bought by Liquor Barn and are moving a lot of inventory on special to prepare for the change over.

Whatever you do, don't forget that UK plays UofL in the Final Four this Saturday at 6:09 P.M. It will be a little nuts in both cities, so plan accordingly.

If you are looking for something in particular, PM me.

Have a great visit,

Joel

Kyjd75
03-29-2012, 15:41
We really like the Seelbach bar. We found the bartenders friendly and knowledgeable, the food good, and an incredible selection of bourbons. We spent Christmas night there with friends, and wound up getting a "comp" round of GTS to finish off a great evening of simple but good food, and several rounds of different bourbons.

Clavius
03-29-2012, 20:50
In Lexington, you might want to check the Thoroughbred Shop for liquor. My mom says that they have been bought by Liquor Barn and are moving a lot of inventory on special to prepare for the change over.

This is correct. Sal sold out to Liquor Barn recently.

StraightNoChaser
03-29-2012, 22:28
Bluegrass Tavern in Lexington. Best bourbon bar ever. Talk to the manager Chris and he will take very good care of you.