PDA

View Full Version : New from Middle Georgia

erb1987
04-12-2012, 16:51
So I felt it was the time to introduce myself. Just getting into the bourbon game, and loving every sip. Looking forward to expanding my taste buds while learning a thing or two as well. I liked the tip on trying some rye and wheat bourbons beside one another.

So my question to you guys, is there some "master sticky thread" out there that has the acronyms defined :). I catch a few here and there but damn some of these bottles I have never seen or heard of...help a noobie out :).

Eric

DaveOfAtl
04-12-2012, 16:59
Welcome, Eric. We can never have too may Georgia boys on the forum. Wherabouts are you located in Middle Georgia. There is, in fact, a sticky acronym thread right above your post called "Frequently Used Abbreviations and Acronyms." I still use it often.

Bourbon Boiler
04-12-2012, 18:20
Welc. Abd.

Gd. 2c anoth. GA bourb. drikr.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have to think my way through a number of them as well.

jtexaslonestar
04-12-2012, 19:04
Welc. Abd.

Gd. 2c anoth. GA bourb. drikr.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I have to think my way through a number of them as well.

:lol: very nice welcome! welcome to SB. Lot of great ppl on here and great reading too. All to accommodate your hobby. :grin:

smokinjoe
04-12-2012, 19:28
Welcome aboard, Eric! Glad to have you here. I look forward to hearing about your travels through Bourbonia. Maconish?
:toast:

jcg9779
04-12-2012, 20:28
Welcome Eric! We're getting a pretty good GA population on the site!

erb1987
04-13-2012, 06:18
Thanks for the warm welcomes I'll have to check the sticky out. I'm living in Warner robins for now, actually from peachtree city though.

DaveOfAtl
04-13-2012, 07:21
Thanks for the warm welcomes I'll have to check the sticky out. I'm living in Warner robins for now, actually from peachtree city though.

I'm guessing you know your way arond a golf cart, being from Peachtree City.

smgrey24
04-13-2012, 13:10
So I felt it was the time to introduce myself. Just getting into the bourbon game, and loving every sip. Looking forward to expanding my taste buds while learning a thing or two as well. I liked the tip on trying some rye and wheat bourbons beside one another. Eric

Hi Eric.
I too am new to the bourbon game but am having a grand time experimenting! Iím a fellow Georgian too - down in Augusta Ö home of that golf tournament and the famous pimento cheese sandwich. This forum offers great tips and the posters know their stuff. As a newbie, I have found that taste tests are an excellent way to get to know the brands. Look forward to hearing your opinions.
Cheers, Sheila (aka Top Shelf Chick)

HRay
04-13-2012, 13:31
So my question to you guys, is there some "master sticky thread" out there that has the acronyms defined :). I catch a few here and there but damn some of these bottles I have never seen or heard of...help a noobie out :).

Eric

So I might have a stupid acronym question that I have been wondering about and I can't find it in the FAQ. What the heck is a "handle"? When I first saw it, I thought it was referring to a "hand picked barrel" but now it might just mean a large bottle (i.e. 1.75 litre) with a handle (even though they don't all have "handles").

So what is a "handle"?

jcg9779
04-13-2012, 13:52
So I might have a stupid acronym question that I have been wondering about and I can't find it in the FAQ. What the heck is a "handle"? When I first saw it, I thought it was referring to a "hand picked barrel" but now it might just mean a large bottle (i.e. 1.75 litre) with a handle (even though they don't all have "handles").

So what is a "handle"?

It is a 1.75 liter bottle.

mrviognier
04-13-2012, 17:56
Glad to have another Georgia Boy aboard!

HBTD!

p_elliott
04-13-2012, 21:06

So what is a "handle"?

A Handle is in fact a 1.75 litre

Restaurant man
04-15-2012, 19:45

So what is a "handle"?

Your second thought is correct! 1.75. Or it is your CB radio name. mines beef jerky