PDA

View Full Version : Backbone Bourbon

JayMonster
04-19-2012, 21:12
I jave had the pleasure of aeeing a lot of bourbons on my jaunt to Indianapolis, that I somply don't see in NJ. But thanks to SB, I am familiar with most of them (good and bad alike).

But this appears to be a new one. I presume some sort of boutique, that caught my eye. It is called Backbone Bouron. It is a three year old whiskey, which considering that, would not be something I would give a second glance. Except, not only are rhey selling this bourbon at 3 uears youg, but the are confident enough to release it as a 114 proof barrel strength bourbon.

It seems odd to me releasing a product so young as a barrel strength product tjat it got me curious, and I was wondering if anybody else had run across or know something about it.

MacinJosh
04-19-2012, 21:21
Just another LDI sourced bourbon. No different than the W.H. Harrison.

luther.r
04-19-2012, 21:23
Their website shows it as a straight bourbon with no age statement, so maybe you saw an older product before they had 4 years on the barrels.

It says it's distilled in Lawrenceburg and bottled in Bardstown, so an LDI product, aged somewhere and bottled at HH?

StraightNoChaser
04-19-2012, 23:11
You're in IN but using a British keyboard?

JayMonster
04-20-2012, 05:40
You're in IN but using a British keyboard?

Not British, just poor typing on a phone keyboard after perhaps a bit more Bourbon than is good for fine motor skills (or catching spelling issues).

sob0728
04-20-2012, 06:19
Their website shows it as a straight bourbon with no age statement, so maybe you saw an older product before they had 4 years on the barrels.

It says it's distilled in Lawrenceburg and bottled in Bardstown, so an LDI product, aged somewhere and bottled at HH?

Bardstown could mean KBD.