PDA

View Full Version : What is a typical night?

BrewerMatty
05-02-2012, 19:41
Let me start by saying I am originally from Wisconsin, so a few drinks a night is the social norm. I'm curious what a typical Monday-Friday night looks like for you guys/gals?

I'll usually have a pint after dinner and the ponder which bourbon pour to have as a follow up.

Share your post work/evening/?morning? Rituals..

ebo
05-02-2012, 19:48
I usually have a beer when I get home from work. Then, I eat dinner and walk my dogs. After that, I take a shower and pour a glass of Bourbon/Scotch/Irish.... and, as of late, Tequila. :grin: I usually have a couple pours during an evening.... sometimes more. :cool:

There are nights I don't drink at all, though.

bigtoys
05-02-2012, 20:06
a few nights a week a glass of wine or a beer with dinner.
a few nights a week a little whisky.
often more on the weekend. more likely to have a martini or, in the summer, a margarita

sob0728
05-02-2012, 20:47
Mon/Tues: I will do a 1/2 oz tasting pour usually.
Weds/Thurs: nothing.
Fri/Sat: I usually will have a cocktail or two or a healthy pour on the rocks with a twist of lemon after the kids are in bed.
Sunday: nothing.

About once or twice a month I make it over to fellow member Max Power's house and we do some serious bourbon and/or tequila sampling. Those are good nights!

SMOWK
05-03-2012, 07:00
I'll usually have a pint after dinner and the ponder which bourbon pour to have as a follow up.

I too have about a pint of bourbon each evening. I usually start before dinner though.

hectic1
05-03-2012, 08:47
I too have about a pint of bourbon each evening. I usually start before dinner though.
:slappin: Nice work Sky...I knew your response wouldn't let me down! I typically will have a couple 1oz pours 3 nights a week and on the weekends I may have 4oz or so. Not quite yet to Sky's consumption levels but I'm working towards it! ;)

ethangsmith
05-03-2012, 09:18
One or two 2 oz. shots each night. Maybe a beer once a week.

Brisko
05-03-2012, 09:23
Between 1 and 4 oz nightly. Usually 3oz but occasionally more or less. I usually pour 1 oz at a time because I like variety.

A beer once or twice a week if I have any in the fridge.

Max Power
05-03-2012, 10:04
Mon/Tues: I will do a 1/2 oz tasting pour usually.
Weds/Thurs: nothing.
Fri/Sat: I usually will have a cocktail or two or a healthy pour on the rocks with a twist of lemon after the kids are in bed.
Sunday: nothing.

About once or twice a month I make it over to fellow member Max Power's house and we do some serious bourbon and/or tequila sampling. Those are good nights!

Those are indeed good nights. The tequila collection is overwhelming, but the bourbon stash is growing...and now we're buying more scotch. Life is good.

A few nights a week, I'll have a drink after the kids go to bed. One night, I'll do 3-4 1/2 ounce tastings of tequila to make notes and write reviews. One weekend night is reserved for drinking whatever I feel like and not thinking too much about it...AKA the nights that sob stops by. Generally I'll share with the wife if she's awake and not drink anything if she's not. That determines the schedule.

Enoch
05-03-2012, 10:28
Those are indeed good nights. The tequila collection is overwhelming, but the bourbon stash is growing...and now we're buying more scotch. Life is good.

A few nights a week, I'll have a drink after the kids go to bed. One night, I'll do 3-4 1/2 ounce tastings of tequila to make notes and write reviews. One weekend night is reserved for drinking whatever I feel like and not thinking too much about it...AKA the nights that sob stops by. Generally I'll share with the wife if she's awake and not drink anything if she's not. That determines the schedule.

We'll have to get together and discuss tequila. My next-door neighbor runs the anti-smoking campaign for Mexico and goes down 6 - 8 times a year. He often brings back some of the most amazing tequila at half the cost of buying it in the US, often the label is not in English. As a result I have developed a taste and stash of quality tequila.

As for nightly I usually do a theme flight of four and follow up with one of my house bourbons. Sometimes get my wife to pick them out and I try to identify. Very humbling!

Max Power
05-03-2012, 10:45
We'll have to get together and discuss tequila. My next-door neighbor runs the anti-smoking campaign for Mexico and goes down 6 - 8 times a year. He often brings back some of the most amazing tequila at half the cost of buying it in the US, often the label is not in English. As a result I have developed a taste and stash of quality tequila.

As for nightly I usually do a theme flight of four and follow up with one of my house bourbons. Sometimes get my wife to pick them out and I try to identify. Very humbling!

Online ordering from stores in southern California grants access to a lot of agave not available in MN. Hunting online for something new and the best price is part of the fun.

I might have join a chat night some for folks who want to talk tequila and bourbon.

SMOWK
05-03-2012, 11:47
:slappin: Nice work Sky...I knew your response wouldn't let me down! I typically will have a couple 1oz pours 3 nights a week and on the weekends I may have 4oz or so. Not quite yet to Sky's consumption levels but I'm working towards it! ;)

I took it easy during the sampler, so I had no reason to come home and "recover", whatever that is....

Since leaving the sampler....Sunday night Rita's father and I killed an entire bottle of Pappy 15. Monday we took it easy with just a few beers and a few pours of WTRye 101. Tuesday I finally made it back to my house and killed a half bottle of Mellow Corn BIB. And then last night it was the last 8 or 10 ounces of an OGDBIB handle that was leftover from prior to the Sampler.

Tonight we are headed out to eat something at SpringFest in Ocean City, and after that I plan on finishing the Mellow Corn BIB.

Flyfish
05-03-2012, 11:56
My wife and I like themes to what we call cocktail hour. (We call it that even though we don't drink cocktails, just bourbon neat and/or with just a drop of water.) I like the genealogy theme--two or three or four bourbons from the same family or same mash bill:
OGD BIB, 114, Basil Hayden
AAA, BT, ETL, Blanton's
OWA, Weller 12
EC 12 & 18
EWSB from different vintages
Sometimes, we do a "blind" tasting as in the one pouring gets to pick and the pouree gets to guess.
Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a KC or VOB or it's been a while since Old Ezra 101.
I guess the only thing "typical" is that virtually every day has some bourbon in it. I'm a very lucky man.

GreggJ
05-03-2012, 13:49
Interesting answers.

For me. I will typically have a healthy glass of red wine with dinner. Hang out for a while. Get the kiddos ready for bed then have a 1.5-2oz pour watching TV or reading a book.

This is my routine 3-4 nights during the week.

On the weekends, I am usually outside doing yardwork and end up with a beer or three in my hand and end up slowly migrating to a couple fingers of something good.

camduncan
05-03-2012, 15:33
I don't drink much Monday thru Thursday - maybe 1 or 2 standard (30ml) pours, and that would be the exception, not the norm. Usually I don't drink on those days unless it's been a really stressfull day or we are entertaining.
Friday to Sunday I usually enjoy 2-3 standard pours per day/evening. Unfortunately in the last few years I've started getting migrains the next day if I exceed 4 or 5 standard drinks in a night :(

MarkEdwards
05-03-2012, 16:27
Let me start by saying I am originally from Wisconsin, so a few drinks a night is the social norm. I'm curious what a typical Monday-Friday night looks like for you guys/gals?

I'll have a couple of ales with lunch about three times a week, and normally have a couple of shots of whatever two bottles I have open for the month.

Ejmharris
05-03-2012, 17:04
There really is no typical evening for me. Some months I drink almost nothing during the week as Friday or Saturday will have 3-4 drinks (with the occasional bender thrown in there). Some weeks I drink at least one pour or beer every night. The later tends to be during the summer when kids are out of school and neighbors come out of the woodwork.

mosugoji64
05-03-2012, 19:43
Thanks, guys. This thread has made me feel much better. I was afraid my 1-2 per day average had me pointed toward AA. Now I know that I'm just a candyass. :bowdown:

spinningrecords
05-03-2012, 22:52
Thanks, guys. This thread has made me feel much better. I was afraid my 1-2 per day average had me pointed toward AA. Now I know that I'm just a candyass. :bowdown:

Something to think about is chemical dependence versus addiction.

If I drink every night then I tend to get into habit of having a drink every night. Of course the same would be true of a bowl of ice cream every night too. Anything I have regularly I'll tend to end up craving regularly. This is common and natural but can lead to an undesirable outcome. I prefer to do something electively rather than by craving. I'd like a drink because I want a pour and not from habit. I think it's fair to say if your are drinking often and in quantiy you'll end up dependent to some extent. I don't find this desirable personally. But my understanding is you have control when dependent and can stop when you want. You can break the dependence with sufficient time away. I think the real problem becomes when you lose the electiveness of it. When you can't really stop. That's a problem and could be the start of addictiveness. My understanding is once your addicted that's bad news. Your soon to be done with this as a hobby or lifestyle and on your way to real trouble. There's no going back to casual drinking for addicts in nearly all cases. An outcome to avoid to be sure.

I'd enjoy other perspectives.

CoMobourbon
05-04-2012, 01:51
I would actually take your conclusions one step further. I think we run into trouble when we try to draw an arbitrary lines in the sand between moderate / OK dependence and immoderate / not OK dependence. I agree that not being able to stop is a bad sign, but generally drawing good / bad divides only serves to justify yourself. Simply put, it becomes really easy to find a way to put yourself on the OK side no matter what. Really, I would suggest that it works better on a gradient of dependency. Then, the challenge is not so much proving to yourself that you are not on the dark side as is it trying to enjoy as much bourbon as possible while at the same time trying to minimize any movement down the gradient toward more dependency.

I guess I would also add one more distinction. For me, it's all about how much it does or does not affect my plans and/or preconceptions for the night. While I enjoy ice cream a lot, I never really look forward to it for more than twenty minutes or so, and I would definitely not structure the evening around it. Sometimes with alcohol, though, it becomes a centerpiece of my plans for the whole evening - as if drinking it was a totally self-sufficient point of the night (and not relaxation, or unwinding, or socializing, etc.). (Of course, you have to be careful about scheduling drinking for driving purposes, but still.)

Young Blacksmith
05-04-2012, 06:00
I strive to not have a typical night.

I usually, but not always, have something alcoholic in an evening, be it a beer, cocktail, or straight bourbon. I don't drink soda unless I'm mixing, and water gets a bit tiring by the end of the day. This week I didn't have anything alcoholic until Wed, and that was just a beer. Last night I had a beer and 3 pours. Tonight I'll be out of town so who knows, but you can bet I'll be bringing a little something with me just in case.

AaronWF
05-04-2012, 09:33
If I drink every night then I tend to get into habit of having a drink every night. Of course the same would be true of a bowl of ice cream every night too. Anything I have regularly I'll tend to end up craving regularly. ... I think it's fair to say if your are drinking often and in quantiy you'll end up dependent to some extent.

I agree that not being able to stop is a bad sign, but generally drawing good / bad divides only serves to justify yourself.

I guess I would also add one more distinction. For me, it's all about how much it does or does not affect my plans and/or preconceptions for the night. While I enjoy ice cream a lot, I never really look forward to it for more than twenty minutes or so, and I would definitely not structure the evening around it. Sometimes with alcohol, though, it becomes a centerpiece of my plans for the whole evening - as if drinking it was a totally self-sufficient point of the night (and not relaxation, or unwinding, or socializing, etc.).

I strive to not have a typical night.

I usually, but not always, have something alcoholic in an evening, be it a beer, cocktail, or straight bourbon. I don't drink soda unless I'm mixing, and water gets a bit tiring by the end of the day. This week I didn't have anything alcoholic until Wed, and that was just a beer. Last night I had a beer and 3 pours. Tonight I'll be out of town so who knows, but you can bet I'll be bringing a little something with me just in case.

I'm glad someone brought up the dark side of booze, because I can't help but think about it when I consider how much I drink. Like Young Blacksmith, I try not to think of it in terms of having a typical night. I probably drink more than I should, but that's mostly an intellectual judgement rather than a conclusion based upon behavioral or health problems; I'm still relatively young.

I've been on guard about the seductive downward spiral of alcoholism since my early-20's (I'm 34 now). Ideally, I would have no alcohol Monday-Wednesday, a tipple or two on Thursday, open the flood-gates Friday and Saturday and taper down on Sunday. I experience psychological effects of 'dependence' or addiction much more than physical ones. I know of no history of alcoholism in my family, but I imagine that physical dependence would be more of an issue if alcoholism ran in my family.

I love thoughtful tasting, and I will relish every sip I have, but I also enjoy the buzzing momentum of going many drinks into an evening. One of the profound pleasures of whiskey is that taste and effect come hand in hand.

So, I go through phases. I'm much better at beginning healthy habits than I am at ending unhealthy ones. When I'm working out regularly, I drink less, mostly because I have less time to drink. A typical evening for me over the last few months has probably been to get a two-finger pour in before dinner, beer or a glass or two of wine with dinner, then up to three or four more 2-finger pours after dinner. That's living loose, and I don't consider it particularly healthy for me.

My understanding is once your addicted that's bad news. Your soon to be done with this as a hobby or lifestyle and on your way to real trouble. There's no going back to casual drinking for addicts in nearly all cases. An outcome to avoid to be sure.

I will fight for my right to continue to enjoy drinking. That means using whatever will I have to correct unhealthy habits before they get the better of me, because I agree, once you become a slave to the bottle, your days of drinking are done. The deeper we get into the appreciation of whiskey, the more we have to lose should we allow it to wreak havoc on our lives.

Trey Manthey
05-04-2012, 09:39
If I'm in the mood, I'll have a 1 to 1.5 oz taste about 3 nights a week, or I fix a cocktail. Weekends, I like to have folks over, and if there is a guy or gal who appreciates whiskey, I'll do a little mini-tasting with my nicer stuff. I think I get as much enjoyment from sharing my premium juice as I do drinking it myself.

luther.r
05-04-2012, 09:56
I worry about my consumption patterns sometimes, having a sibling who's in AA. I find that drinking always causes me to need more sleep, so I do my best to not drink Sunday through Thursday nights, though I allow myself a 1-drink exception here and there. Friday and Saturday nights I let myself drink as much as I want, which is some nights 2-3 drinks and other nights a few more than that.

My main rule I've set for myself is to only drink when I'm generally happy/content. If I'm stressed or down about something, I don't let myself drink so as not to start associating alcohol with medicating problems.

bgageus
05-04-2012, 10:25
Over the last 6 months my consumption has been limited because my wife is pregnant. And in support of her I only drink behind her back. I feel its just rude to rub it in that I can drink and she cant. So I am down to 2-3 nights having 1-2 drinks

Kyjd75
05-04-2012, 10:50
David Driscoll recently posted a very appropriate entry in his blog re drinking too much.

http://spiritsjournal.klwines.com/klwinescom-spirits-blog/?currentPage=2

It seemed very relevant to me after my misstep at the Sampler last Saturday.

jeanraulmitchell
05-04-2012, 11:08
In a week
Last night, a glass of bowmore 12 at dinner and 3 glasses of vintage cutty sark and a spaten at a party.
Wednesday, a glass of WLW 2011 in the afternoon to celebrate seeing an old friend who lives in Europe, a glass of WT86 from the 80's to taste and 3 glasses of Willet rye at dinner.
Tuesday, 3 glasses of vintage black & white scotch around dinner.
Monday, 2 glasses of Willet rye during dinner.
Sunday, a glass of springbank before seeing a film.
Saturday, 2 glasses of a blend I made.
Friday, 3 glasses of macphail's hp and a glass of Jameson at a party.

Brisko
05-04-2012, 11:15
It's an interesting question for sure. I consider myself lucky that I really, really don't enjoy getting drunk anymore. Really the only time I get past a mild buzz is if I'm hanging with friends and we just don't want to break up the party. But even then inebriation isn't the goal (my, how things change once you grow up).

But even with that level of self-control I try to stay vigilant about physical dependence. There was a brief period in college (when I was drinking pretty heavily) when I became somewhat physically dependent on it... it's not fun and not something I would repeat willingly. And having chewed tobacco for 10+ years and successfully quit, I would say that I know what dependence feels like. Ironically it is sometimes after the long nights of hanging with friends, and drinking steadily (but not excessively) over many hours that I feel the hints of cravings the next day. And I've always nipped that in the bud with a few days of abstinence. Put another way, if I find myself craving a beer at 10am to take the edge off, I know I better check myself immediately.

It's easy for some of us to become consumed with the things that make us feel good (booze, food, sex, whatever) but I feel like we owe it to ourselves and the people we love to be moderate. Personally, I like having something to look forward to at the end of the day-- whether whiskey, ice cream, dark chocolate (sometimes all three :bigeyes:) and especially time to unwind and talk with my wife after the kids are in bed. A drink or three can be part of that but I don't think it has to be.

Another point: for me, it's more about the whiskey than alcohol. I'd much rather drink whiskey than anything else (save the occasional beer or whatever) and if I don't have access to something that I enjoy drinking, I just don't drink.

SMOWK
05-04-2012, 12:26
Since this thread has turned towards alcoholism...

My name is Sky, I'm an alcoholic. I come from a long line of Professional Drunkards, and I'm just carrying on the tradition. I carry bourbon with me wherever I go, always trying to make sure that everyone around me is heading towards alcoholism as well.

I am what you call a functioning alcoholic, meaning that I can still make it to the liquor store and back without getting a DUI. Lately, the UPS guy has made my drinking life much easier.

BrewerMatty
05-04-2012, 13:54
http://www.drunkard.com/images/wallpaper/mdm-job-640.jpg

AaronWF
05-04-2012, 14:08
@ BrewerMatty Well said! I've enjoyed that picture for a few years.

@ SMOWK "Hello Sky!" Is that what we say? May our livers allow that we continue to enjoy our choice libations well into old age.

Max Power
05-04-2012, 15:11
http://www.drunkard.com/images/wallpaper/mdm-job-640.jpg

:lol:

Sometimes it's hard working weekends...

mosugoji64
05-04-2012, 15:12
Wow, guys. I was kidding about being on the road to AA, but it looks like my comment touched a nerve. It's good that everyone is conscious of their drinking, but I never doubted that. We have a good group of intelligent folks here who put a lot of thought into what they're drinking, so I think that makes the likelihood of plowing recklessly toward alcoholism pretty low.

ebo
05-04-2012, 15:55
I drink on most evenings. I never drink to get drunk or get a buzz. I drink because I enjoy whatever spirit I'm drinking. I will usually have 1-2 pours in a 2-3 hour period, sometimes more.

I come from a long line of alcoholism in my family. I suppose that my affinity for alcohol is natural. I'm not an alcoholic. I don't need to drink every evening... I choose to. I know full well the perils of alcohol.... I lived with it for the better part of my life. That is why I will NEVER become an alcoholic.

Sometimes, the blueprint for what not to do is right in front of your face.... as painful and unwelcomed as it is.

MarkEdwards
05-04-2012, 16:17
Tue story, according to my dad, and may explain why there aren't many drinkers in the family:

When my dad was about 16, mt great uncle Burl hired a genealogist to trace the family's roots. They had apparently found my great-great-something grandfather's journal, in which he mapped out a parcel of land to buy for ten dollars. On the way to the land office, he spent that ten dollars on a bottle of whiskey.

That land is now all of downtown Indianapolis.

I've seen Indianapolis. I think he made the right choice. :cool:

AaronWF
05-04-2012, 22:06
David Driscoll recently posted a very appropriate entry in his blog re drinking too much.

http://spiritsjournal.klwines.com/klwinescom-spirits-blog/?currentPage=2

It seemed very relevant to me after my misstep at the Sampler last Saturday.

That's a great post, thanks for the link!

mosugoji64
05-05-2012, 11:01
I've seen Indianapolis. I think he made the right choice. :cool:

:slappin: I would have to agree! :slappin:

weller_tex
05-07-2012, 11:31
Typical night (Fri-Sun) is 1-2 3 oz. pours, sometimes each night of those days, sometimes not. If I am grilling maybe that is 3 3oz. pours spread out over a few hours.

My issue is that my work takes me away from home 4-6 months out of the year, sometime to far-flung places. It's real easy to go over the sane limit in those cases sometimes. Something I have to be careful with.

wmpevans
05-08-2012, 13:55
Typical week night: none on Sunday; and maybe every other week night I'll have a 1.5 oz pour which I'll cherish for an hour or so while reading, or doing paperwork.

Thur., Fri, Sat: 2-3 pours or drinks, beers, etc. depending on circumstances.

Interesting link on positive effects of MODERATE alcohol consumption.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/AlcoholAndHealth.html

Most of these studies conclude that moderate drinkers have longer life expectancies than abstainers or heavy drinkers.

I'm thinking this is based on them being HAPPY!!!!:D

So: Cheers, and Drink on, but in moderation.

Bill.

IronHead
05-08-2012, 14:08
What's a typical night? Hookers and Blow!

Ok, not really...If the mood strikes me through the week I have a pour. I never have more than two 1.5 oz pours on "school nights" and rarely do this more than 2 nights M-Th. Friday and Saturday, all bets are off :). Actually when drinking on Friday or Saturday I usually hit a warm buzz and maintain it for a couple hours. I never get to the point of where I would say I was drunk...or at least I haven't in quite a while.(came close a couple of times at the Sampler.) I usually don't drink on Sunday. Not for any specific reasons, but that's just how it works out.

BillP
05-08-2012, 18:26
I drink on most evenings. I never drink to get drunk or get a buzz. I drink because I enjoy whatever spirit I'm drinking. I will usually have 1-2 pours in a 2-3 hour period, sometimes more.

Well put! That's why we are here - we enjoy the bourbon. Thanks to all of you who have helped me find the best bourbons in the world.

Halifax
05-08-2012, 19:09
What's a typical night? Hookers and Blow!...

Damn... Charlie Sheen is in the house. Winning! :lol:

Bourbon Boiler
05-08-2012, 19:24
Put the little one down about nine, grab a shower, and pour 1-2 fingers from 1-2 bottles 1-2 times a week.

Bourbon Boiler
05-08-2012, 19:36
Not to derail the thread, but this question was posed to me recently.

"If there were a bourbon that were non-alcoholic, and you couldn't tell from the taste that it actually contained no alcohol, would you drink more, less, or the same?"

I answered that I would drink a lot more of this "magic" bourbon alone, and about the same of alcoholic bourbon with friends.

Lazer
05-09-2012, 16:51
Thursday, bourbon
Friday, beer and bourbon
Saturday, Wine, beer and bourbon
Sunday, beer and bourbon
Monday, AA
Tuesday, light beer :slappin:

Seriously, I have a 7mo. baby and since he was born I struggle to keep my eyes open after 1 1/2 pours. He has to learn to sleep through the night. :grin:

Flyfish
05-11-2012, 11:39
Thursday, bourbon
Friday, beer and bourbon
Saturday, Wine, beer and bourbon
Sunday, beer and bourbon
Monday, AA
Tuesday, light beer :slappin:

Seriously, I have a 7mo. baby and since he was born I struggle to keep my eyes open after 1 1/2 pours. He has to learn to sleep through the night. :grin:
My grandmother always said to rub some bourbon on a baby's gums when he is teething. In my experience, it never helped with the teething but it probably helped with the sleeping through the night part. For all parties involved.:lol:

AaronWF
05-11-2012, 11:42
My grandmother always said to rub some bourbon on a baby's gums when he is teething. In my experience, it never helped with the teething but it probably helped with the sleeping through the night part. For all parties involved.:lol:

I did that to my daughter a few months ago (she's 9 mos now). I think she liked the taste, as she proceeded in licking her lips and smacking her gums! Can't say it helped with the teething though.

Brisko
05-11-2012, 12:11
I find rubbing bourbon on my gums greatly helped with my kids' teething... maybe I misunderstood the question:lol:

soad
05-11-2012, 12:19
Seems like a LOT of parents of little kids are drinkers.....count me as one :grin:

Those cold winter evenings when it gets dark at 5:00pm and the kids are screaming in your face and will be for the next 4 hours....THAT is why bourbon was invented.

unclebunk
05-11-2012, 19:44
Seems like a LOT of parents of little kids are drinkers.....count me as one :grin:

Those cold winter evenings when it gets dark at 5:00pm and the kids are screaming in your face and will be for the next 4 hours....THAT is why bourbon was invented.

Amen, brother. I mean, God love 'em, but there are times when the little shits are going so nuts on me that all I can do to stay alive is count the hours until their bed time and then head straight for the liquor cabinet for a nice tall pour of bourbon. Yes indeed, it definitely soothes the soul and puts the blood pressure back where it belongs. Surely Ben Franklin must have said something wise on the matter.:grin:

MarkEdwards
05-12-2012, 03:29

Even more parents of teenagers are drinkers, I suspect. :grin:

soad
05-12-2012, 04:23
Amen, brother. I mean, God love 'em, but there are times when the little shits are going so nuts on me that all I can do to stay alive is count the hours until their bed time and then head straight for the liquor cabinet for a nice tall pour of bourbon. Yes indeed, it definitely soothes the soul and puts the blood pressure back where it belongs. Surely Ben Franklin must have said something wise on the matter.:grin:

Double Amen!!

Even more parents of teenagers are drinkers, I suspect. :grin:

Considering that my six-year-old daughter already acts 16, in 10 years my typical night will be a handle of something strong mixed with tears. :grin:

Bourbon Boiler
05-12-2012, 05:01

I'm a member of this fraternity as well.

Kalessin
05-12-2012, 09:03

The classic prescription is: "Pour a shot of whiskey. Rub some whiskey on the teething baby's gums. Drink the shot; you'll need it." :)