PDA

View Full Version : Live in WV

bllygthrd
05-09-2012, 20:01
Hello all ...
Have been a lurker for months. Decided to join since I've spent so much time reading, enjoying and learning from this forum.
Unusual self-facts:
1) was a purveyor of wines years ago, still love Rioja's and Mendoza's.
2) retire once, working on my second pension, I'm old.
3) officiate wrestling ... the ultimate stress reliever and escape from reality.
4) practiced my original profession for 30+ years in over 27 countries [thanks to Bhopal], favorite country after the US of A ... Brazil
5) originally from Buffalo NY area, have always had a preference for Polish-American women and the food made by their mothers.
6) approaching my bourbon journey the same way I approached wine ... I've much to learn and the joy is in the journey, may it never end.
7) like to use "..." to indicate a breath or pause.
8) like Scotch but have never had an Irish whiskey ... never had the desire.
9) have 30+ bourbons in my collection, half of them I have yet to open ... but I know they are there ... waiting to be enjoyed.
10) like cigars.
11) owned by a parrot named Ozzie, a double yellow-headed amazon.
12) have an extended and wonderful family, but this forum is here to discuss bourbon.
13) Bardstown is less than 4 hours from my house.
Thirteen is a good place to stop.
Na zdrowie!
Terry W

Ejmharris
05-09-2012, 20:04
Hello all ...
Have been a lurker for months. Decided to join since I've spent so much time reading, enjoying and learning from this forum.
Unusual self-facts:
1) was a purveyor of wines years ago, still love Rioja's and Mendoza's.
2) retire once, working on my second pension, I'm old.
3) officiate wrestling ... the ultimate stress reliever and escape from reality.
4) practiced my original profession for 30+ years in over 27 countries [thanks to Bhopal], favorite country after the US of A ... Brazil
5) originally from Buffalo NY area, have always had a preference for Polish-American women and the food made by their mothers.
6) approaching my bourbon journey the same way I approached wine ... I've much to learn and the joy is in the journey, may it never end.
7) like to use "..." to indicate a breath or pause.
8) like Scotch but have never had an Irish whiskey ... never had the desire.
9) have 30+ bourbons in my collection, half of them I have yet to open ... but I know they are there ... waiting to be enjoyed.
10) like cigars.
11) owned by a parrot named Ozzie, a double yellow-headed amazon.
12) have an extended and wonderful family, but this forum is here to discuss bourbon.
13) Bardstown is less than 4 hours from my house.
Thirteen is a good place to stop.
Na zdrowie!
Terry W

Terry. Welcome to the board. Enjoy the journey. What's your favorite so far?

Clavius
05-09-2012, 20:06
Hey man, welcome!

bllygthrd
05-09-2012, 20:32
Terry. Welcome to the board. Enjoy the journey. What's your favorite so far?
Thanks for the welcome ...
I'm currently working my way through the Sazarac stable. Have not even approached the BTEC or BTAC. Have bottles of 1792 and Blanton's, but they are unopened. Am very pleased with VOB BOB and AAA 10 Star.
Terry W

Bourbon Boiler
05-10-2012, 19:48
Welcome. 1792 and Blanton's are two very good ones.