PDA

View Full Version : BTEC TPS Wheat on Rye II

Bourbon Boiler
05-10-2012, 18:35
Anyone tried this yet? I enjoyed the first release quite a bit.

10 yr, BT Wheat mashbill, 136 proof (barrel proof), finished in Abraham Bowman Viginia Rye barrels.

CaptainQ
05-10-2012, 22:05
I loved the first release. Curious as well.

c2walker
05-10-2012, 23:00
I'm not prepared to give a detailed assessment, but I can say that I like it. Generally I prefer to drink barrel proof bourbons and ryes with little or any water, but this bottle is the exception. I enjoy it a lot more when it's brought down to around 100 proof.

Bourbon Boiler
05-11-2012, 18:54
I hope the fact that this is the second take at an experimental, and one that doesn't take a long time to reproduce (like a special mashbill would), means that they are leading up to a regularly running product. Maybe since TPS is building a distillery, they could purchase 8-10 yr product from BT and make this a staple of their product line.

bad_scientist
05-11-2012, 21:18
I hope the fact that this is the second take at an experimental, and one that doesn't take a long time to reproduce (like a special mashbill would), means that they are leading up to a regularly running product. Maybe since TPS is building a distillery, they could purchase 8-10 yr product from BT and make this a staple of their product line.

And cut the price in half.

cigarnv
05-12-2012, 01:44
The heat is tough to get past on this one and I found water is not a friend....

Bourbon Boiler
05-12-2012, 04:47
And cut the price in half.

Probably more. It would have to be a 750 for $40, not a 375 for $55.

jburlowski
05-12-2012, 05:45
First release was exceptional. The new one is not as well-balanced or integrated.

cigarnv
05-13-2012, 03:34
First release was exceptional. The new one is not as well-balanced or integrated.

John, I have gone back to this several times now given your thoughts on the first one. I know there could be some nice flavor to be found, I just can't get at it... water, air, .... nothing seems to want to bring this around.

jburlowski
05-13-2012, 06:22
John, I have gone back to this several times now given your thoughts on the first one. I know there could be some nice flavor to be found, I just can't get at it... water, air, .... nothing seems to want to bring this around.

If I still have any of the first version around, I'll bring it along the next time we get together. I think you'll see the difference between the two.

cigarnv
05-13-2012, 07:40
If I still have any of the first version around, I'll bring it along the next time we get together. I think you'll see the difference between the two.

I bet I will as I know your palate.... now the AAA, that is one sweet bottle!!!