PDA

View Full Version : Tps?

savagehenry
05-19-2012, 10:21
I've seen this several times, what it is?

Thanks

jburlowski
05-19-2012, 10:43
The Party Source, a wine / beer / spirits / cigars / part supplies store located in Bellevue, KY (right acroos the Ohio River from Cincinnati).

Phil T
05-19-2012, 11:12
As John said, just a Mega store filled with all kinds of alcohol and party supplies. They have a very large bourbon selection, with a many private bottlings available. They also ship spirits (ie bourbon)..:grin:

savagehenry
05-19-2012, 11:32
Thanks fellas, I assumed it was a shop, just couldn't figure what it stood for.

Admin feel free to delete this post.

soad
05-19-2012, 12:24
what it is?

Heaven...........

Bourbon Boiler
05-19-2012, 13:11
www.thepartysource.com (http://www.thepartysource.com)

HP12
05-19-2012, 16:03
I've seen this several times, what it is?

Thanks

An occasional and much needed life line.

cigarnv
05-19-2012, 16:17
Good folks that do a nice job.... give Jay's current pick of AAA a try..... great whiskey at a great price...

jburlowski
05-19-2012, 16:21
Heaven...........

Or as a friend says, "Disneyland for adults".

JPBoston
05-19-2012, 16:25
Could you guys offer any examples of shipping costs? Preferably, cost to ship a single 750ml bottle.

Also, I noticed that they don't replace damaged items. I assume you all have had good luck with them?

Sorry to hassle, they don't allow you to check shipping costs without registering first.

Bourbon Boiler
05-19-2012, 16:40
Shipping is expensive for a single bottle, but not that much addition for a second, third, or sometime fourth depending on size and packaging. From my (very poor) memory, I was remembering $~20 for one bottle, $25 for two, and ~$28 for three. The lack of sales tax can off-set shipping for high end bottles.

Phil T
05-20-2012, 04:23
Could you guys offer any examples of shipping costs? Preferably, cost to ship a single 750ml bottle.

Also, I noticed that they don't replace damaged items. I assume you all have had good luck with them?

Sorry to hassle, they don't allow you to check shipping costs without registering first.

A 4 bottle / 100 mile trip to me cost $25. They use double wall thickness shipping boxes and an insane amount of bubble wrap on each bottle
Safe passage to the consumer is obviously a high priority.

Vosgar
05-20-2012, 05:38
[QUOTE=Also, I noticed that they don't replace damaged items. I assume you all have had good luck with them? [/QUOTE]

FedEx would have to purposely try to break a bottle the way TPS packages their shipments. You'll keep the boxes for future use.

Also....... $41 for 18 bottles shipped approx. 450 miles :yum:

Gary

Bmac
05-20-2012, 05:47
Boo hiss! They dont ship to Texas. I tell ya....it's just another sign that this state is bourbon-cursed :(

wmpevans
05-20-2012, 12:32
The Party Source--TPS--and Jay Erisman are GREAT!!! Jay is available by phone and email to discuss what they have, etc. In my book he is "THE MAN".

If buy certain # bottles they give you a discount, and this, and no taxes, at least in GA, more than pays for shipping.

Before recent availability of Weller 12 in ATL TPS was my source: $48 for 1.75L; and $39 for 1.75 L of OWA.

Only problem: I buy too much from them, if that's a problem.:grin:

Bill

Ejmharris
05-20-2012, 13:03
The Party Source--TPS--and Jay Erisman are GREAT!!! Jay is available by phone and email to discuss what they have, etc. In my book he is "THE MAN".

If buy certain # bottles they give you a discount, and this, and no taxes, at least in GA, more than pays for shipping.

Before recent availability of Weller 12 in ATL TPS was my source: $48 for 1.75L; and $39 for 1.75 L of OWA.

Only problem: I buy too much from them, if that's a problem.:grin:

Bill

I am always surprised at how a a available Jay is for everyone. I will be sitting in the bourbon aisle and ask a clerk a question, they get Jay on the radio and he is right there. One of the reasons I always enjoy shopping there. I am pretty sure in the last 18 months I have financed a lot of the new construction. :) Being 8 minutes from my door to theirs is quite a problem on the bank account.

Bourbon Boiler
05-20-2012, 16:26
Point seconded on Jay. I sent an email after my initial visit, not soliciting or expecting a response. We went back and forth probably 3-4 times each just discussing bourbon like a thread would here.

mosugoji64
05-20-2012, 23:47
Boo hiss! They dont ship to Texas. I tell ya....it's just another sign that this state is bourbon-cursed :(

I don't wanna hear yer whinin' when yer sittin' on all that precious Weller! :lol: