PDA

View Full Version : New from Philly area

soonami
05-26-2012, 20:49
Hi all!

I'm a newer Bourbon drinker from the Philly Area.

The crown jewel of my collection is a 20 year old Pappy Van Winkle I recently split with a very good friend. When we had it, we loved it but I also felt like I should try more bourbons to have something to compare with and to appreciate it better. I had some other good bottles, but have since bought more and am saving the PVW. Right now here's the collection:
17 yo Vintage Bourbon (2011)
ER10
OWA 107
Weller 12
EC12
EWSB (2002)
EW1783
MMLooking for other suggestions of good bourbons available to Yankees and stores I should check out near the Philly, South Jersey, and Northern Maryland.

I've seen some Pappy, Jefferson PR18, ER17, some BT Antique, and others around. But I'd like some more suggestions on value pours and other normal pours people enjoy in the $30 or less spectrum.

ChainWhip
05-26-2012, 20:56
Welcome soonami - I'm also relatively new here and SB has been a great place to learn and make new friends.

My parents used to live in Cherry Hill - I missed out on all the liquor stores when they were living there. I'm still hunting for some Pappy but have been thus far unsuccessful.

Have fun here!

soonami
05-26-2012, 21:26

Pappy is good, but I'm not sure it was worth $130 or 4 bottles of ec12 or 6 bottles of OWA...

BourbonJoe
05-27-2012, 06:58
Welcome Soonami. If you ever get up to the Reading area, let me know and stop in for a drink.
Joe :usflag:

cigarnv
05-27-2012, 09:42
Welcome... where abouts in Philly are you from... I spent a lot of years there...

soonami
05-27-2012, 14:43
Welcome Soonami. If you ever get up to the Reading area, let me know and stop in for a drink.
Joe :usflag:
Will do Joe. The same invitation goes out to you if you're in Philly :)

Welcome... where abouts in Philly are you from... I spent a lot of years there...
I'm a PhD student at Penn and have a house in Delaware County, but spend a lot of time at my GF's in West Philly near Cedar Park.

cigarnv
05-28-2012, 08:56
I'm a PhD student at Penn and have a house in Delaware County, but spend a lot of time at my GF's in West Philly near Cedar Park.

I grew up in Hunting Park ..... Wharton 78'

SMOWK
05-29-2012, 16:48
If you ever make it down to the Sussex Delaware beaches or Ocean City shoot me a PM. My bunker is open.

sutton
05-29-2012, 17:55
Welcome - 'Nova, '85.

soonami
05-29-2012, 21:34
Welcome - 'Nova, '85.
Thank you :)

If you ever make it down to the Sussex Delaware beaches or Ocean City shoot me a PM. My bunker is open.
My ladyfriend and I were thinking about renting a beach house with some friends down in Bethany Beach or Rehobeth this summer. I'll invite you over one afternoon if the plans pan out. I'll be sure to bring something good to drink

I grew up in Hunting Park ..... Wharton 78'
Cheers to another Penn Alum! I am College '07 and hoping to finish my PhD sometime in the next few years

cigarnv
05-29-2012, 22:52
Penn has changed a bit since my days in Dietrich Hall...... still a great place!!