PDA

View Full Version : hello from nashville

rutterb
06-04-2012, 06:29
Since this is my first post, i'll start with what I think is an easy question. I have a 2010 bottle of george t stagg, but have a chance to puchase a bottle of 2011 gts or wlw. Which should I get?

p_elliott
06-04-2012, 09:25
Both but if you can only get one get the WLW as you have already got a GTS.

Ejmharris
06-04-2012, 12:08
Since this is my first post, i'll start with what I think is an easy question. I have a 2010 bottle of george t stagg, but have a chance to puchase a bottle of 2011 gts or wlw. Which should I get?

Both, keep the WLW and send me the Stagg for the helpful advice. :)

All kidding aside, I would also recommend the WLW as you can compare a great rye bourbon to a great wheat bourbon. When I ever find Stagg in the wild I will do a side by side.

rutterb
06-04-2012, 12:47
thanks for the input. I believe that my next purchase will be the Stagg and the WLW. I feel pretty lucky as in I'm just getting into bourbon and I've found these bottles still on the shelf.

KYPayne
06-05-2012, 21:58
I live in Murfreesboro. Where did you find Stagg around Nashville?

smokinjoe
06-06-2012, 05:26
Rutterb, if you wish to share that info with KYPayne, I strongly suggest you do it via PM, if you hope to continue to find items like Stagg on the shelf. The lurkers won't let it last long. And, I saw elsewhere that one of them is back.

rutterb
06-06-2012, 06:23
Yeah, can't disclose the location. Hope to score a bottle this fall for a Christmas gift for the owner of the deer lease where I hunt. I can say that the Vintage 17 I'm on right now is pretty darn good. Have not seen a lot of them around town, but did pick one up for $65 a couple weeks ago and have been very happy with it.

p_elliott
06-06-2012, 09:19
Rutterb, if you wish to share that info with KYPayne, I strongly suggest you do it via PM, if you hope to continue to find items like Stagg on the shelf. The lurkers won't let it last long. And, I saw elsewhere that one of them is back.

Sound advice to all nebies and some not too newbies.