PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Mid-Michigan

DPPSmoker
06-20-2012, 09:09
Hi all. I have spent some time lurking on this forum and I have really enjoyed reading all of the comments throughout so I figured I would sign up. I have only taken to bourbon in the last 6 to 12 months. I was always content to drink beer but I'm finding my body doesn't take kindly to it any more (I'm 43). Me and bourbon are doing just fine.

I fell in love with bourbon when I visited the Maker's Mark distillery a few months back. I really developed an appreciation for the labor put into creating the drink. I'm fortunate to have a brother who works at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky so I plan to take at least one distillery tour when I visit him.

Thanks for the read. I look forward to spending more time on here.

Josh
06-21-2012, 07:00
Welcome! We have a pretty strong Michigan contingent here. Glad you found the site, and we'll let you know when we have another get together.

bllygthrd
06-21-2012, 08:01
From one nubie to another, welcome to the site. This place has really added to my enjoyment of bourbon ... I like total immersion into my hobbies.

DPPSmoker
06-24-2012, 15:05
Welcome! We have a pretty strong Michigan contingent here. Glad you found the site, and we'll let you know when we have another get together.

A get together to discuss and sample whiskey? Mark me down for that. Sounds like a great time. If and when you know of another get together like this, please drop me a PM. I would love to join in.

p_elliott
06-25-2012, 08:54
A get together to discuss and sample whiskey? Mark me down for that. Sounds like a great time. If and when you know of another get together like this, please drop me a PM. I would love to join in.

Always helps to keep your eyes on the Bourbon Social forum on here. Welcome aboard!

Tony
06-25-2012, 18:49
Howdy and Welcome from another Michigan guy.

Glad to have you here.

Best regards, Tony