PDA

View Full Version : New from Athens, GA

jdcollens
07-05-2012, 19:36
Hey folks,

Jack from Athens, GA here. I just joined today after my bachelor party weekend in KY. We managed to make it to Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey and Woodford one day and spent the other day hitting up some great bourbon bars in Louisville. The tours and, well, the weekend in general fostered an already-high interest in bourbon so I thought I'd check the forums (fora?) out. Glad to be here and I hope to continue my education in all things bourbon.

unclebunk
07-05-2012, 19:39
Welcome to SB, Jack. Sounds like you're off to a good start with all those distillery tours. Any favorites that you've discovered so far? Be sure to ask a lot of questions and have fun!

smokinjoe
07-05-2012, 19:54
Welcome aboard, Jack. I hope you enjoy hangin' out with us. If you learn anything here, it will be how to deal with your soon- to-be burgeoning bourbon bunker, in relation to your soon-to-be-Mrs! :D. Trust me bro, it's a daily challenge, but we're here to help. :)

BTW, if you can make it, our ATL group is planning a meet-up on 7/13. Would be great to meet you .
:toast:

jdcollens
07-05-2012, 20:08
As much as I'd like to make it next Friday, I've got tastings to do for the wedding. If only we were tasting bourbon...

As for my favorites, I have pretty eclectic tastes. I like Rare Breed, Lot B, Michter's, and I just had some of the Woodford Double Oaked and loved that, too.

DaveOfAtl
07-05-2012, 20:24
Welcome, Jack! Sounds like a helluva bachelor party. Hope you can make it down on the 13th.

jcg9779
07-07-2012, 16:23
Oh no! There should only be one Jack from Georgia!

Just kidding...welcome to the site!

wmpevans
07-08-2012, 08:14
Jack, welcome to the site from a fellow Georgian. Too bad can't make the GBS event at Smokin Joe's this Friday. Great people, unbelievable selection of great bourbon(thanks Joe:thankyousign:), and a load of bourbon knowledge.

Hopefully, you can make the next event.

Bill.

tsangster
07-08-2012, 09:09
Greetings from the thriving megatropolis of Winterville.

jtexaslonestar
07-08-2012, 11:22
Welcome Jack! It is great for another Georgian to join the site and one from the Classic City no less! It has been too long since I last stumbled in the streets of Downtown. See ya around!

Josh

BigRich
07-10-2012, 16:00
Welcome aboard Jack!

dridge11
07-10-2012, 18:01
Welcome from a Georgian (and UGA grad) that now lives out on the other coast.

p_elliott
08-01-2012, 10:04
Welcome to the site! Congratulations on the up coming marriage! You are falling in with a dubious group. :bigeyes: Post often, we want to hear your opinions, ask questions, come join us in chat. Be very wary of joining groups in Atlanta. :slappin:

Lost Pollito
08-01-2012, 21:17
Welcome from Chicago. Lots of great folks here to meet and talk with.

darylld911
08-02-2012, 05:30
Welcome to the site! Congratulations on the up coming marriage! You are falling in with a dubious group. :bigeyes: Post often, we want to hear your opinions, ask questions, come join us in chat. Be very wary of joining groups in Atlanta. :slappin:

You ONLY need to be worried if someone starts talking initiation rites and goats . . . although if you're in those discussions, you may have come too far already :70358-devil:

Welcome to the site!!