PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Vancouver BC

Glenn__B
08-06-2012, 14:13
Hello. Checking in from the Vancouver BC area in western Canada. Not really a hotbed of Bourbon, in factonly recently I seen a decent selection of better brands. I am aWhisky drinker through and through. I do get across the borderfrequently and am just getting a grip on Bourbon. I am reallyenjoying some of the bottles I have found so far. That lead me tothis forum some time ago. A great active forum with a very easy going ,friendly atmosphere. Congrats to you on that. I think the "dusties"concept is what grabbed me after looking here for pointers andreviews. I can hardly wait to get on my bike and hit a few shops insearch of something interesting. Anyway here I am , sort of thatlovable but somewhat slow cousin hanging on every word and hoping tolearn.

LostBottle
08-06-2012, 14:45
Welcome aboard. Vancouver is a great city; I have spent a lot of time there and really enjoy it. You are right about the selection not always being the best, but I have run into bottles of Pappy 20 and BTAC at the stores there - though the prices were eBay-esque.

CaptainQ
08-06-2012, 16:16
Hi Glenn, welcome aboard from your neighbor to the South. Have fun here and learn lots.

Cheers,
Dave

ChainWhip
08-06-2012, 17:00
Welcome Glenn (from Seattle)!

I actually go up to BC quite a bit and try to stop in @ Viti when I can - they have stuff there I can't get in the States.

Enjoy your time here!

Glenn__B
08-07-2012, 12:55
Welcome Glenn (from Seattle)!

I actually go up to BC quite a bit and try to stop in @ Viti when I can - they have stuff there I can't get in the States.

Enjoy your time here!

Well I will have to take a look. I have never been to the place. Apparently there is a new one in New Westminster, which is pretty handy. Thanks