PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Mesa, AZ!

JLH3
08-12-2012, 19:13
After cruising this (and other) sites, I decided to join and look forward to expanding my knowledge of bourbon. I'm a history buff so learning the history and lore of bourbon is almost as much fun as finding new ones (but not as much fun as drinking them)

My favorite is Lot B, but I am a huge fan of Thomas Handy and 4 Roses Single Barrel.

My to-do list includes Elmer T. Lee, William Larue Weller and Ancient Age 10 yr.

By the way....how do you add a signature?

bllygthrd
08-12-2012, 20:05
Welcome to SB. If you have not Since you are a buff of history ... have you read Cowdery's book, Bourbon,Straight: The Uncut and Unfiltered Story of American Whiskey? Well worth it ...

p_elliott
08-13-2012, 08:34
Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy your time here. Post often and come join us in chat. To add a signature to you post go to the top of the page and click settings. Scroll down that page on the left hand side there will be a lot of things you can change find signature and click on that. You can take it from there.

Tony
08-13-2012, 11:35
Howdy and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

mosugoji64
08-14-2012, 09:40
Welcome! My wife and I lived in an apartment at Dobson & Main for a couple of years. We get back to the Phx area occasionally to visit friends and hope to move back there in the near future. We should get some AZ SB members together next time we're in town!

Evets
08-14-2012, 15:54
Welcome! I am about 120 miles down the road from you.

jtexaslonestar
08-14-2012, 19:44
Welcome to SB!!! I have found this site to be most helpful in many aspects. See you around!

Restaurant man
08-14-2012, 21:58
[QUOTE=JLH3;298429]After cruising this (and other) sites, I decided to join and look forward to expanding my knowledge of bourbon. I'm a history buff so learning the history and lore of bourbon is almost as much fun as finding new ones (but not as much fun as drinking them)

Well said sir! You are not alone, the enjoyment of the history is especially nice among the context of the glass in question. cheers

JLH3
08-14-2012, 23:30
Welcome to SB. If you have not Since you are a buff of history ... have you read Cowdery's book, Bourbon,Straight: The Uncut and Unfiltered Story of American Whiskey? Well worth it ...

No, but it is on my Christmas list :)

gburger
08-17-2012, 15:58
Also look up Bernie Lubbers's book
Bourbon Whiskey Our Native Spirit: Sour Mash and Sweet Adventures