PDA

View Full Version : Sam Adams glass

Luna56
08-21-2012, 23:43
I've had the good fortune to get ahold of a couple of these Sam Adams glasses and I am a believer. I compared the Sam glass to a pint glass, a Krucovice pilsner glass I brought back from Slovakia and a few other glasses and the Sam glass beat 'em all. Bigger flavors, nose, everything was just better. Astonishing! I was skeptical but damn if the Sam glass didn't beat 'em all by a country mile. Big cheers to whomever designed this glass.
If you get a chance to buy one, just do it. No more to say, trust me on this one.

Cheers!

unclebunk
08-22-2012, 02:16
I've had the good fortune to get ahold of a couple of these Sam Adams glasses and I am a believer. I compared the Sam glass to a pint glass, a Krucovice pilsner glass I brought back from Slovakia and a few other glasses and the Sam glass beat 'em all. Bigger flavors, nose, everything was just better. Astonishing! I was skeptical but damn if the Sam glass didn't beat 'em all by a country mile. Big cheers to whomever designed this glass.
If you get a chance to buy one, just do it. No more to say, trust me on this one.

Cheers!

I've had a similar experience and I simply like the way the glass fits in my hand. Well worth picking up a few, folks.

yountvillewjs
08-22-2012, 08:40
I have one and will probably break down and get more. I like 'em.

Happyhour24x7
08-22-2012, 10:38
I agree that the engineered glass does make a noticeable difference in the nose, flavor and texture; however, I will warn you, it does not improve all beers. it makes a noticeable change, but some beers I definitely prefer in a standard pint glass after heads up testing.

jcg9779
08-22-2012, 11:56
I like them too. A bar near my office stopped carrying Sam Adams on draft and the barmaid gave me six of these glasses. I use this probably 50% of the time when drinking beer, a pint glass 40% of the time, and a snifter 10% of the time. I have some other beer glasses that are used occasionally, but stick to those three for the most part.

smokinjoe
08-23-2012, 14:56
Don't tell Mr. Marriott, but one of these "fell" into my suitcase for the trip back home...:D You people are a bad influence on me...

Photodudems
09-13-2012, 11:02
I was given one as a gift, and I have to say, it does its job very well. I'll probably grab a couple more if I can find them on the cheap. I don't really drink enough beer to warrant spending a lot of money on glasses.

DrBob
08-13-2013, 08:06
If you take the Sam Adams Brewery Tour in Boston you can get a free glass at a local Pub if you buy a Sam Adams draft beer. Did this a few weeks ago, and got 5 total since they gave us glasses for the 3 kids we had along as well. Something like $16 to buy one at the gift shop...

I like them a lot and they are my new go-to for craft beer.

Beer&Bourbon
08-14-2013, 09:21
If you take the Sam Adams Brewery Tour in Boston you can get a free glass at a local Pub if you buy a Sam Adams draft beer. Did this a few weeks ago, and got 5 total since they gave us glasses for the 3 kids we had along as well. Something like $16 to buy one at the gift shop...

I like them a lot and they are my new go-to for craft beer.

This is how I picked up a couple of them as well. I think they're great for casual drinking. I like the feel of them and use them often sitting out drinking with friends. If I'm really paying attention to my beer, though, I still prefer a tulip or snifter (or gueuze glass).