PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Pittsburgh

qman22
08-22-2012, 09:05
I've been lurking on this site for a couple of months now, and it has been an excellent resource for a noob like myself. Especially, the history of various brands and distilleries...very fascinating stuff.

Blanton's was the first whiskey I ever drank that made me think, WOW, this actually tastes really good. From that point on the bug was planted and over the course of this year bourbon has become my new obession. I'm shocked at how fast I went from drinking it on the rocks to always neat :bigeyes: I've tried most all that's available in this state controlled bourbon prison I live in and, so far my favorites are Elmer T Lee and Four Roses Single Barrel

Also, I have been an avid cigar smoker for a number of years, and have found that bourbon complements cigars wonderfully

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to contributing

Cheers!

Jason

jcg9779
08-22-2012, 10:23
I've been lurking on this site for a couple of months now, and it has been an excellent resource for a noob like myself. Especially, the history of various brands and distilleries...very fascinating stuff.

Blanton's was the first whiskey I ever drank that made me think, WOW, this actually tastes really good. From that point on the bug was planted and over the course of this year bourbon has become my new obession. I'm shocked at how fast I went from drinking it on the rocks to always neat :bigeyes: I've tried most all that's available in this state controlled bourbon prison I live in and, so far my favorites are Elmer T Lee and Four Roses Single Barrel

Also, I have been an avid cigar smoker for a number of years, and have found that bourbon complements cigars wonderfully

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to contributing

Cheers!

Jason

Welcome to the site! ETL and FRSB are standard pours when I have a bottle of either open.

p_elliott
08-22-2012, 10:25
Hi Jason and welcome to the site, I hope you post often. There is a reason why you like both Blanton's and ETL they come from the same mashbill. I like FRSB too they just discontinued it in my state. :hot:. It was only here for a year. Work your way around the site ask questions. Bourbon is best enjoyed with friends come join us in chat pour a drink and belly up for some good conversation.

bllygthrd
08-25-2012, 09:18
Jason,
You'll love this site! Go Mountaineer's ... except next Saturday ... then its GO HERD! :cool:

Bourbon Boiler
08-25-2012, 10:59
Welcome aboard. I travel to Pittsburgh 2-3 times a year, but it's one of the few places I go where I have to make sure to pack my own bourbon, because I'm not going to like the prices or selection when I get there.

qman22
08-27-2012, 06:36
Jason,
You'll love this site! Go Mountaineer's ... except next Saturday ... then its GO HERD! :cool:

Hopefully we wont have any crazy weather like last year. This is Marshall's last chance to beat us for a while, so I have a feeling it will be closer than what the point spead would suggest.

steeltownbbq
08-27-2012, 18:02
I've tried most all that's available in this state controlled bourbon prison I live in and, so far my favorites are Elmer T Lee and Four Roses Single Barrel

Jason - welcome! at least you aren't in Ohio. I make the trek to Mercer Co. PA a few times a year to buy what I can't get here.

Wish I was in the 'burg with you - been gone 35 years - but still a Yinzer

/Ed