PDA

View Full Version : New guy from the SF Bay Area

RVTsteve
10-05-2012, 09:47
Hey everybody, I've been lurking for a few weeks and figured it's about time I started participating. It's only been about a year since I got really into bourbon and figured out it's pretty much my favorite thing. ever.

I'm a librarian by training so I really enjoy the research and learning about history and provenance. One of the major aspects of this forum that brought me here.

My go-to's are primarily cheaper bottles I like EC12, W.L. Wellers, RR100, ER10, got into the Hirsch SmB Reserve this summer. But I've been bunkering some more interesting things when I come across them like V17s, various PHCs, GTS, ER17, CEHTs, some older ryes, various Willets, High West stuff, Smooth Ambler VOS 19, 4R SmB 2011 among others.

Here's a thanks for all the info and insight I've already poached and hope I can add something in the future.

Oh, and Go A's!

-Steve

Tony
10-05-2012, 10:51
Howdy and welcome from Michigan Steve. Glad to have you hear.

Best regards, Tony

tigerlam92
10-05-2012, 17:18
Welcome Steve.

Previously, I would search through old threads to research and learn. Tons of information on this site.

Don't start bunkering too much unless you have tried them to know you really like it :). I would recommend tasting to find the profiles that you like.

Cheers
--Hugh

berto
10-05-2012, 18:08
Welcome. You'll learn a ton here. Go A's!

RVTsteve
10-06-2012, 09:56
Thanks, guys.

Hugh, I think what you really mean is don't grab all the good stuff before you get a chance to! :shocked: I do tend to dive head first into things but I know I'll enjoy tasting everything I pick up and I have some well seasoned friends in the booze biz with whom to share my spoils and swap some great pours.:cool:

See you guys around.

tigerlam92
10-06-2012, 16:06
Thanks, guys.

Hugh, I think what you really mean is don't grab all the good stuff before you get a chance to! :shocked: I do tend to dive head first into things but I know I'll enjoy tasting everything I pick up and I have some well seasoned friends in the booze biz with whom to share my spoils and swap some great pours.:cool:

See you guys around.

hahaha. You got me :-)

I used to be a very diligent and obsessed hunter and know really well all the spots and have some good contacts at the store. However, I have stop bunkering since 2009 in general.

For my taste buds, I am very specific in what I like, so after I figured that out, I bunker only wanted I like and since then I have been drinking them down.

cheers
Hugh

p_elliott
10-07-2012, 06:40
Steve

Welcome aboard, It was great meeting you in chat last night I hope you come back again. I hope you enjoy you time around the site ask a lot of questions post your thoughts. Have a great time.

Paul

RVTsteve
10-08-2012, 15:27
Thanks Paul, it was fun. I'll see you there again I'm sure. I have a feeling I'll like it here. See you around.

-Steve