PDA

View Full Version : Checking in from Philadelphia

Barclay Beach
11-13-2012, 08:09
Glad to finally join the forum, been lurking for a while. It's great to learn from so many fellow enthusiasts. I consider myself more of a consumer than a collector. That is to say, I don't mind opening bottles, I just mind finishing them!

Aside from sharing thoughts and opinions, I'm also hoping to find some trading partners here. Living in PA, sometimes it can be tough to get what I want -- yet at other times I have access to more than I need. For example, last month I had access to a lot of the 2012 Stagg and could have bought some for others, but couldn't get myself any WLW. I also hunt pretty extensively in NJ, although the present timing is bad with Fedway/Sandy.

Anyway, happy to be here, and looking forward to getting to know some of you.

michaelturtle1
11-13-2012, 08:18
I am South East of Philly and do alot of dusty hunting in the De/MD area, have not hit Jersey yet but it is on my "list"....

RocknRoll
11-13-2012, 10:30
Welcome to the SB.

Tony
11-13-2012, 12:22
Hello and welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

soonami
11-13-2012, 12:46
I'm in West Philly. Grad student at Penn. I both consume and do a little collecting. If you are looking for something specific, let me know and I'll try to help. You might be surprised at how much is available locally.

Cheers,
Mike

Barclay Beach
11-13-2012, 13:15
I'm in West Philly. Grad student at Penn. I both consume and do a little collecting. If you are looking for something specific, let me know and I'll try to help. You might be surprised at how much is available locally.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks, Mike. Shoot me an email for a proper intro when you get a chance, I can't access your email/PM.

Bourbon Boiler
11-13-2012, 17:46
Welcome aboard! :toast:

RVTsteve
11-13-2012, 19:38
Yeah, welcome! I grew up out that way, in NJ but just across the river. I was back there a couple months ago and that's where I got 2 GTS and 2 ER17 but that's about all I could find.

soonami
11-14-2012, 12:21
I tried to send you a private message but it looks like it wasn't turned on or you don't have the permission yet. Anyway I turned on my email, so hit me up

michaelturtle1
11-14-2012, 14:24
Looks like we are getting enough new "locals" to have a decent tasting event

Barclay Beach
11-15-2012, 06:47
Looks like we are getting enough new "locals" to have a decent tasting event

Would be fun to do a tasting -- maybe some blind and/or side-by-side to apply our critical thinking skills (if that's possible while drinking 100+ proof whiskey).

Separately, I want to recognize michaelturtle1's extraordinary effort to help me get a bottle I was after. I am really impressed with his generosity, and hope to return the favor to him and other SBers.