PDA

View Full Version : An Okie in Texas

jtgraves
12-07-2012, 10:04
So I've actually been on the board for a while, soaking up the collective wisdom and experience, but I'm not much of a poster. However, I noticed in another thread that folks were pretty adamant about taking a minute to post a hello in here. So with that, "hello!"

I'm whiskey fan in general, but bourbons are especially tasty. Aside from bourbons, I usually find myself reaching for a rye or the occasional scotch. I like bourbons partially because of their storied histories, and partially because I find myself seeking out anything that requires craftsmanship in its production. I also have an overwhelming needs to "try all the things".

I'm also a bit of a dusty hunter, but nothing too intense there. I got into dusty hunting because a friend once offered me a taste of Lot 40, which I thought was amazing. Only later did I find out that it hadn't been produced in ages. That's how it started, but I think that finding and trying my first dusty bottle of OWA is what really made me decide this is a hobby that's worth the time.

LostBottle
12-07-2012, 11:15
Welcome to SB! I too often reach for the ryes and Scotch (partial to the Islays), I look forward to your posts in the rye forum.

smokinjoe
12-07-2012, 12:37
Welcome aboard, JTG. I hope you enjoy your time here. I just bought my first ever bottle of Lot No. 40, and look forward to trying it. I tried last night, but broke the cork, and didn't feel like fiddlin' with it. Maybe, tonight. It's one of the older ones, so that's what I get for not being careful, I guess.

BTW, that's an...original...Avatar! :D

squire
12-08-2012, 11:18
Afternoon jt, welcome aboard. You may be interested in knowing Lot 40 is back in production but darned if I know where you can find it.

jtgraves
12-09-2012, 14:24
Afternoon jt, welcome aboard. You may be interested in knowing Lot 40 is back in production but darned if I know where you can find it.
I saw a thread about that. Last I saw it was only available in Canada. I am certainly on the lookout for it in TX. Can't wait to try the new stuff.

jtgraves
12-09-2012, 14:34
BTW, that's an...original...Avatar! :D

Ha. Those were my radishes. They were delicious.

gburger
01-20-2013, 14:49
Welcome to the group

Tony
01-20-2013, 15:31
Howdy and welcome from cold Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

SFS
01-20-2013, 15:42
Welcome JTG. I look forward to your posts. Good luck in your dusty hunting.