PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Seattle

BourbonShill
12-09-2012, 19:44
Live in Seattle, work all over Western WA., hoping to learn more about Bourbons we don't represent and what to look out for as I dont get to taste as often. As many in WA, enjoy Canon, Zig Zag, Kickn' Boot, Liberty, Knee High, and Diller Room in Seattle. Look forward to reading thru some past threads and learning a bit more.

Bartender for 5 years, and then ITB since.

Cheers, Kris

ChainWhip
12-09-2012, 20:02
Welcome Krisl I live in the area too - looking forward to your experiences & contributions here.

Restaurant man
12-09-2012, 20:17
Welcome. There's plenty on the search function. To say that lots of bourbons have been discussed, would be under an understatement.

dementedavenger
12-09-2012, 21:17
Welcome Kris. I live in Seattle as well. Not in the business but curious to learn who you represent and I look forward to your contributions as well.

BourbonShill
12-09-2012, 22:18
Work for YMCO, so BT, HH, BF, Infinium all on the list of suppliers with Bourbon. Know them well, but want to see what else is out there, can't sell it all.

LostBottle
12-09-2012, 22:27
Welcome to the forum, Kris. It's good to have another Seattle member on the board.

dementedavenger
12-10-2012, 08:25
Work for YMCO, so BT, HH, BF, Infinium all on the list of suppliers with Bourbon. Know them well, but want to see what else is out there, can't sell it all.

Maybe you can get some more Weller and Bowman into bars. :) I seem to be more interested in trying out the craft/small distillery stuff than most people I encounter who are into bourbon so if you're interested in my thoughts on any of that PM me.

squire
12-10-2012, 09:24
Morning Kris, welcome aboard.

ChainWhip
12-10-2012, 10:14
Very Old Barton BIB (or any of them) seem very difficult to find ever since the state got out of the liquor store business - would love to see better prices of course but hopefully getting some more distributors carrying the same product in the state will help that.

BourbonShill
12-10-2012, 18:08
Getting rid of the 20% State liquor tax will help that, which becomes 30% with sales tax. Wasn't a good bill for consumers which is why we fought it.

Wholesalers represent a supplier, two wholesalers won't sell the same product in WA, it's franchised.

BourbonShill
12-10-2012, 18:11
You'll see more Weller, Bowman and Barton once we get thru 2012 and the allocations for WA, that equated to a closed State. More great Bourbon (and everything) will be offered to WA each successive year. The State pushed Beam, Sazerac and HH are healthier than ever in WA now that it's open.

We already got the okay to sell all we can on Templeton Single Barrel Rye, hoping Rittenhouse follows along with others.

LostBottle
12-10-2012, 19:27
BourbonShill, is there any truth to the rumor that not a single bottle of Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye made it into WA this year?

ChainWhip
12-10-2012, 19:48
Esquin had one single bottle of VWFRR allocated but it was presold when I called and the list was a mile long (last Wednesday or Thursday was when they were expecting delivery).

Everywhere else I call tells me the same thing: "it's all going to restaurants"

BourbonShill
12-10-2012, 21:08
BourbonShill, is there any truth to the rumor that not a single bottle of Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye made it into WA this year?

Zero so far. Not real hopeful.