PDA

View Full Version : New from Boston

SidewaysTim
02-26-2013, 05:23
Hey guys, my name is Tim and I'm new to the StraightBourbon forum as well as to drinking "good" bourbon. I'm hoping that the collective wisdom and opinions on this board will help me learn and grow as a bourbon drinker. The thing I think I love most about bourbon is the heritage and history of bourbon, the fact that it is something that is truly American in the way that Blues music is. Maybe they have roots in other cultures but we have taken from those roots and made something uniquely wonderful and American.

squire
02-26-2013, 06:09
Morning Tim, welcome from Mississippi, the Home of the Blues. You'll certainly find a wide range of opinion here and you can sample some in real time by dropping in the chatroom which icon is located at the bottom left corner of the screen. Usually some folks there after sundown.

ChainWhip
02-26-2013, 08:34
Hi Tim! If bourbon = blues then maybe rye = jazz? Welcome to SB!

StraightBoston
02-26-2013, 09:46
Hey Tim -- how far north of Boston? I'm trying to get a quorum together of folks between 128 and 495 to do a bimonthly study group.

SidewaysTim
02-27-2013, 11:40
Hey Tim -- how far north of Boston? I'm trying to get a quorum together of folks between 128 and 495 to do a bimonthly study group.
Hi Kevin, I live in Beverly, MA and that sounds like something I'd be interested in.

For those that may be interested, here is a picture of my home bar right off my kitchen on the first floor. I built it a few years ago when my wife was living out of state doing a medical residency. My bourbon selection has grown since this pic was taken over a year ago.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/sidewaystim/76c3f659.jpg

ChainWhip
02-27-2013, 21:58
Whoa... I've got some serious work to do to get a setup like you! *CHEERS*

unclebunk
02-28-2013, 10:18
Hi Kevin, I live in Beverly, MA and that sounds like something I'd be interested in.

For those that may be interested, here is a picture of my home bar right off my kitchen on the first floor. I built it a few years ago when my wife was living out of state doing a medical residency. My bourbon selection has grown since this pic was taken over a year ago.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/sidewaystim/76c3f659.jpg

Nice one, Tim. A man always does his best bar-building when his wife is away for an extended period of time and is unaware of just what her husband is doing back home. Having by-passed the "special permit" phase, all she can do now is live with it!:lol: Great job and welcome to SB!

Tony
02-28-2013, 11:14
Howdy and welcome Tim from Michigan.

That is a very cool bar, hope the wife liked it.

Best regards, Tony

smknjoe
02-28-2013, 11:36
Welcome Tim. Impressive!

Kalessin
02-28-2013, 13:37
Welcome to Straightbourbon, Tim! Always glad to see another Boston-area bourbon fan! And your bar... that is a thing of beauty!

Special Reserve
03-02-2013, 06:38
Very impressive bar. I liked how that was handled.