PDA

View Full Version : Semi-new in MI

TheNovaMan
02-26-2013, 17:43
Hi guys! I'm new to the boards, but I've already made some friends in the chat. :) :icon_pidu:

When I was a kid, and my dad would come home from a business trip, he'd always have a 7UP and Wild Turkey 101. Back in those days, it was either actual 8YO, or Old No. 8 Brand. I always got to have a sip, and it was delicious, so you could say whiskey has always been my favorite spirit. I've fooled around with vodka, rum, gin (I do love a good gin & tonic in the summer), and even Scotch, but I've always come back to bourbon. For five years or so, I drank Ten High every day... then they changed it to a "bourbon blend" here in MI, which is actually what prompted me to join here. I need to know about these miserable changes BEFORE they happen so I can stock up on the good stuff before it runs out in my neck of the woods.

P.S. The only reason I drank Scotch is because I thought it was a taste men were supposed to acquire. I fooled myself into thinking I liked it for a few years, but then I was honest with myself about the fact that I really liked bourbon ALOT better, and I haven't gone back to Scotch since. I'm mad that I wasted so much time and money on Scotch when I could have been drinking bourbon, therefore I hate Scotch. Probably the only spirit I dislike more than Scotch would be tequila. :puke:

WAINWRIGHT
02-26-2013, 17:46
Pete I'm glad to see you post finally,welcome to the boards and I hope to see you contribute in the near future!Enjoy your time here and all great knowledge that comes with these boards!

squire
02-26-2013, 17:47
So now you're legit Pete, see 'ya in chat.

HighInTheMtns
02-26-2013, 17:54
'Bout time you got here, Pete! Welcome!

ChainWhip
02-26-2013, 20:06
Really?! You're just now making intro's??

=]b

J/K

Welcome aboard Pete

Tony
02-27-2013, 04:13
Good Day Pete and welcome from another Michigan guy.

Sorry I did not get to chat with you yesterday, had some Internet issues probably because of all the snow.

Best regards, Tony

Josh
02-27-2013, 06:51
Welcome again Pete! Glad to see you're making it forum official.

Cheers!

Richnimrod
02-27-2013, 09:34
Hi "Pete" I don't actually know your name; but the other folks seem to know you as Pete.
I'm extremely new to these forums; having just been approved yesterday.
I have very little idea of what to say, other than it's nice to know I'm not the only newbie from Michigan!
I think I've met 'Josh'; maybe you too???
Keep having fun with with the forums, if you figure out how to do so; I haven't yet.... but, I hope to!

DPPSmoker
02-27-2013, 14:13
Welcome aboard, Pete. I have to jump in on one of these chats you guys get started. Sounds like fun.

OscarV
02-27-2013, 14:19
Welcome aboard Pete, the more MI people the better!

Special Reserve
02-27-2013, 15:00
Welcome Pete to SB. The MI group grows

Also welcome to Rich.

Will

TheNovaMan
02-27-2013, 16:45
Tony, I'm sure we'll have another opportunity to chat.

Rich, yes, my name is Pete. I have only met Josh in chat because I'm in Kalamazoo, but I do visit the Downriver area from time to time.

DPPSmoker, definitely jump into the chat sometime! I'm guessing you enjoy smoking meats? I do too. :)

Jim, many thanks for approving me!

Everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome.

SFS
02-27-2013, 20:07
Pete, I don't think you can claim even semi-new if you've been in chat as much as you have.:grin:

But another welcome for a belated intro post. Look forward to talking again soon, if I can find time to get back to chat.

Vosgar
02-27-2013, 20:26
I'm mad that I wasted so much time and money on Scotch when I could have been drinking bourbon, therefore I hate Scotch.

Glad to see you're finally able to make your introductory post Pete! I'll see you in chat with a nice, healthy pour of Ardbeg Alligator :grin: (you knew someone would have to be a smart-ass)
(

TheNovaMan
02-27-2013, 23:16
Pete, I don't think you can claim even semi-new if you've been in chat as much as you have.:grin:

But another welcome for a belated intro post. Look forward to talking again soon, if I can find time to get back to chat. Thanks :)

Ardbeg Alligator I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

SFS
02-28-2013, 07:48
Probably best not to post those tasting notes.

smknjoe
02-28-2013, 11:52
Hey Pete! After talking to you in chat I thought you had been here forever...

rndenks
02-28-2013, 12:56
Hey Novaman. We met in the chat area the other night. When were bothing asking about our accounts. Looks like we both got validated! Welcome and see you around.

darylld911
03-01-2013, 16:38
Welcome to SB Pete! Although as it has been stated - if you've been in chat, you're ahead of the curve! :grin: