PDA

View Full Version : Hello from South Florida

Variable
03-07-2013, 08:02
Great forum here! I am a pretty big single malt fan (mostly Islay malts.) I am looking to expand my horizons into bourbon. My experience so far has been limited: Maker's Mark and Knob Creek. I have actually enjoyed both quite a bit, and I am looking forward to try some more.

squire
03-07-2013, 08:12
Good morning Variable, welcome aboard. This is the site for all things Bourbon and a few other distilled topics as well. We even have a peat monster or two scattered about the place. A few of us gather in the chat room most evenings and you are welcome to come visit, the chat icon is located on the lower left hand corner of your screen.

jtexaslonestar
03-07-2013, 08:22
Welcome to SB.com Variable! I have recently gotten into Single Malt Islays, and I must say that they are super! Look forward to talking bourbon with you on the forum!

Variable
03-07-2013, 08:27
Thanks guys! I am one of those strange people who love to taste lots of smoke, medicine and band aids in their scotch. While I enjoy the higher end Islays, my usual drams are good ole' Laphroaig 10 y/o and Laphroaig Quarter Cask. Both are fairly affordable and easily acquired.

From lurking around it looks like there are some outstanding Bourbons available under $40. My wallet (and wife) will be grateful!

SFS
03-07-2013, 08:59
Welcome Variable. What part of South Florida? We have some folks here from the Tampa area, Tallahassee, and I think a few Miami folks.

Variable
03-07-2013, 09:27
Northern Broward County. Coral Springs to be exact.

Tony
03-07-2013, 10:40
Howdy and Welcome from Michigan.

Best regards, Tony

Tennessee Dave
03-07-2013, 15:36
Welocme. Enjoy yourself here.