PDA

View Full Version : Houston area SBer's - Goody Goody now open

wadewood
03-08-2013, 14:29
If you did not know, Goody Goody liquor stores are opening several Houston area locations this year. They are a large retailer out of Dallas. I love this because I think Specs needs the competition. In my necks of woods, they took over a former Academy store located at Hwy59N and 1960. I was driving by today and saw now open. New store so no dusties, but they do have VOB 100 proof for $13.50. The 100 proof has not been available in Houston until now.

smknjoe
03-08-2013, 14:31
Thanks for the heads up Wade!

amftx
03-08-2013, 15:41
This is good news, and yes Specs does need some competition. As it's not terribly far from my home, I'll head that way this weekend for a welcome.

squire
03-08-2013, 18:09
Barton 100 eh? Game on.

Barrel_Proof
03-08-2013, 18:37
If you did not know, Goody Goody liquor stores are opening several Houston area locations this year. They are a large retailer out of Dallas. I love this because I think Specs needs the competition. In my necks of woods, they took over a former Academy store located at Hwy59N and 1960. I was driving by today and saw now open. New store so no dusties, but they do have VOB 100 proof for $13.50. The 100 proof has not been available in Houston until now.

Competition is always a good thing. Great to see this in the Houston market.

doubleblank
03-09-2013, 05:18
VOB 100 for under $14. What time do they open? I have brought many a bottle of this home from my trips to KY in the past. Is it still age dated at 6 yrs?

squire
03-09-2013, 05:24
Yes Randy, it's still age dated and otherwise unchanged.

timd
03-11-2013, 10:53
Here in Dallas, we welcomed the competition from Specs... although in general at this point, Goody still has the lower prices, they do lack some of the higher-end/novel offerings a "flagship" specs (like the south Austin store, or Smith Street or the big main Dallas store) have...

Goody will also pricematch anybody - and around Dallas, Total Wine is the place to beat (although TW has an inferior whisk/e/y selection in general).

Glad to see Goody down in Houston, though - competition state-wide like that is good for all of us!

z327
03-11-2013, 21:03
Here in Dallas, we welcomed the competition from Specs... although in general at this point, Goody still has the lower prices, they do lack some of the higher-end/novel offerings a "flagship" specs (like the south Austin store, or Smith Street or the big main Dallas store) have...

Goody will also pricematch anybody - and around Dallas, Total Wine is the place to beat (although TW has an inferior whisk/e/y selection in general).

Glad to see Goody down in Houston, though - competition state-wide like that is good for all of us!
TW does have some more difficult to find Irish whiskey's at competitive pricing.

MauiSon
03-12-2013, 01:59
Looks like red and blue state bourbons are heavily discounted - $5.88 a pop!

weller_tex
03-12-2013, 07:53
Looks like red and blue state bourbons are heavily discounted - $5.88 a pop!

With the end of the NASA Manned Space Program and the resultant huge loss of jobs in the Bay Area, I doubt we'll see one on my side of the Houston area. Driving 30-45 miles each way in traffic won't be cost effective.