PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Great Lakes State

matnab2000
03-13-2013, 08:10
Hi all. New to the SB site, but have been drinking Bourbon on a casual level for a while. One day a friend asked me what the difference was between Bourbon/Scotch/Whiskey. I didn't know the answer but started researching. The more I learned the more I became "seriously addicted" to the point of seeking out certain things and planning Bourbon related trips. Anybody got any favorite stores and/or bars with good Bourbon selections. I get between the east and west sides of the state quite often and am always looking for new places to stop. Thanks.

squire
03-13-2013, 09:48
Hello matnab, welcome aboard. I expect the MI guys will be posting their greetings soon. You're welcome to come by the chat room and meet some us in real time, we're there most evenings. The chat icon is located on the lower left hand corner of your screen.

Special Reserve
03-13-2013, 14:51
Hi, and welcome to SB. The MI group is strong.

You'll find that the Party Circle between Jackson and Dexter is a very good store, better than the Wine Castle on Stadium.

The Pilgrim in Plymouth is also good.

I must warn you bourbon and rye are hot and in short supply.

Will

Tony
03-13-2013, 19:06
Good Day and welcome from another of the Michigan contingent.

Glad to have you here.

Best regards, Tony

TheNovaMan
03-13-2013, 21:23
Welcome, fellow Michigander! Ever been to Mega-Bev in Battle Creek?

matnab2000
03-14-2013, 04:48
Welcome, fellow Michigander! Ever been to Mega-Bev in Battle Creek?

I have not been to Mega-Bev....yet

Thanks to all for your responses and suggestions.

Josh
03-14-2013, 05:26
Welcome Matnab! Good to have another on the board! Cheers!

rndenks
03-14-2013, 07:31
Welcome to SB Matnab. From another newbie to SB.

I am origianly from Toledo, and get up to AA once or twice a year for UM games. I am going to have to visit some of these store suggestions too, so don't buy them out :lol:

TheNovaMan
03-14-2013, 10:27
I have not been to Mega-Bev....yet There's also one in Marshall, but I don't know how big it is.

Jfevre
03-19-2013, 16:59
Welcome fellow Michigander! If you ever in Grand Rapids there is a few bars that have a good bourbon/whisky collection worth checking out.

Tennessee Dave
03-20-2013, 18:01
Welcome to SB. Enjoy yourself here.

Richnimrod
04-17-2013, 16:11
Hi all. New to the SB site, but have been drinking Bourbon on a casual level for a while. One day a friend asked me what the difference was between Bourbon/Scotch/Whiskey. I didn't know the answer but started researching. The more I learned the more I became "seriously addicted" to the point of seeking out certain things and planning Bourbon related trips. Anybody got any favorite stores and/or bars with good Bourbon selections. I get between the east and west sides of the state quite often and am always looking for new places to stop. Thanks.
Howdy matnab! Goode to have another 'newbie from the Mitten State on board. I wish I could give you tips for locating bourbon in Michigan; but, I have poor to barely-better-than-that luck in this regard myself. I live in Southeast MI (Downriver, Detroit area) and although it isn't quite 'dry', it's close. Being in Ann Arbor I believe you have a few good options that I've heard mentioned by others on SB.com. I don't usually drive that for for a bottle.... well, I do if heading to Bardstown, I guess; which I am next week!!
Lucky ME!!! :grin: Well, Have Fun with the drams you find (or you're not doing it correctly). WELCOME!!!

Tennessee Dave
04-18-2013, 06:21
Welcome and enjoy yourself here.